Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Preparing a Jurassic Park Tribute

Post by Microceratops »

Hi, everyone!

As you probably know, a new JP game is coming out by Telltale early next year, so as a way to celebrate that I was thinking on doing a Jurassic Park Tribute, inspired by the one of the members did for BTTF recently.
I just begun writing the script, and I'm planning on filming it late January/early February, for a March release.
But as it's virtually impossible that I do this on my own (apart from some friends who are going to help me "acting" :P ), I was wondering if anyone would like to help me. You can help with anything you know to do! Maybe you do a great Jurassic Park character impression, or maybe you are a great writer, or maybe you know a little animating... Anything will help!

So far I have a couple of guys that will help me with characters and writing, and another guy who's gonna help with some covers and stuff.

The story is very simple, actually... It's mostly about two guys that are being chased by a group of Raptors and get cornered by them in an abandoned house. With no guns, their only chance to survive is to outsmart the Raptors and pray that they don't find them. It's basically pushing to the edge the Kitchen Scene from the first JP movie.

You may say "Hey, that's not very original, you rotten dirty basterd!" and you may right, but I want to push it to edge. What do I mean with this? Well, I want to create a lot of suspense and tension, avoiding showing too much or the Raptors, except in some key moments. And if they are showed in a complete form, it will be taking advantage of the light elements, as the short takes place mostly at dusk/night.
Oh, and I wanna avoid giving too much explanations to the audience, like why are the guys being chased by these Raptors, or stuff like that...

However, I'm worried about the characters. If we don't create interesting characters that the audience can relate to, they won't worry about them, and alas, all sense of tension and suspense will be lost. That's my main worry. And finding a 3-D artist, too :P

What do you think? Any suggestions or destructive comments are most welcome!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Preparing a Jurassic Park Tribute

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm... So this is a live-action project? Voice-actors wouldn't be of that much help, then! But I know Sam/hppav can do reasonable impressions of a few characters, especially/mainly in their specific accents.
I also do highly suggest not putting much time into this until you can get a team together.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:I also do highly suggest not putting much time into this until you can get a team together.
that's where mine fell down, probably can't help from here as shipping props would cost too much >.<
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Egghead
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Egghead »

Well, I would be more than happy to be your cameraman but I can't really get out there. On the other hand I do have a powerfull pc with After Effects and Premier Pro so I might be able to help with editing. (I'm not very good but I've been learning how to merge CGI into live action.)
The Trespasser Movie Directory
http://tresmovdir.websitebuilderfree.com/
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Ok, I've got a first draft of the script. If anyone wants to see it, let me know :)