my fanfic

Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

my fanfic

Post by JPFan95 »

Hello SK8ER. I enjoy your stories and admire your devotion to TP. I am almost done with my own TP fanfic and im wondering what I have to do to get it hosted on here, when im done writing it. Its coming along great and I think every fan of TP will enjoy it.
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: my fanfic

Post by dartheric »

ide say just post your story in small talk or trespasser general and more people will see it that way since not many people look at sk8ers stories anymore
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Well my fanfic is about like, i dont know, like 170 frickin pages, and i dont feel like copying it onto here.
Site B was not meant to be a theme park, but a research station. This is where we did the real work.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

You mean you didn't write it on a computer?!? :o If you did write it on a computer, you could just copy/paste.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

so its not in the same format as sk8ers?

it has pages?

that would be alota topics.
cant help ya there besides saying make itall into a couple posts with chapters or just put your stories in sk8er stories and see what happens.
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

No, I wrote it on a computer, yes, it has pages, but it has chapters. And I dont have Internet on my pc at the moment so I use my PSP. It's a good story so far, and it has a new Dodgson family member!:)
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

well then when you get internet on your PC send the story in a ZIP file to someone like drac shadow wolf or even me and see what they think.
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

That sounds like a promising offer, and i'll touch up on it. It's almost done.... just gotta write the events leading up to and including the ending action, and most of the New Dodgson's lines and such.
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

IF ANYTHING, I WANT CREDIT FOR IT. IT WILL TEAR ME APART TO SEE MY WORK BEING COPIED BY A SLEAZY TWO-BIT NERD WHO WANTS ATTENTION.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

Yep, I know the feeling. Just copyright it before you send it to ANYONE, that way you have all the rights .etc. To copyright any digital work, all you need to do is email it to yourself and keep the email as reference. Use a webmail service like Yahoo. Also, you could upload the finished work to Deviant Art, they have a literature upload thing so it will be viewable to the world, you even get a creative commons license, or a more strict one (prevents anyone from using your work without permission).
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

hmmm yeah, always a good idea to get it copyrighted, you'll certainly get full credit for it here though :yes:
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

Do you guys wanna hear some about my story
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow.. 170 pages.. TBH, I don't even have enough time to read the things JPH has written up.. too busy with mods and work, and I'm a slow reader. I'm afraid it will probably be over a year before I could read such a thing on here, with my schedule..
TheGuy wrote:Yep, I know the feeling. Just copyright it before you send it to ANYONE, that way you have all the rights .etc. To copyright any digital work, all you need to do is email it to yourself and keep the email as reference.
O_O It works like that? News to me...
Use a webmail service like Yahoo. Also, you could upload the finished work to Deviant Art, they have a literature upload thing so it will be viewable to the world, you even get a creative commons license, or a more strict one (prevents anyone from using your work without permission).
Hmmm, what's this more strict one you speak of and how do you obtain it? I have an account at FanFiction.net, but don't use it much..
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:O_O It works like that? News to me...
Yeah, all you need to do is have proof (as time) that you created the material.
Hmmm, what's this more strict one you speak of and how do you obtain it? I have an account at FanFiction.net, but don't use it much..

Here's a quote...
Creative Commons is a non-profit organization with a mission to expand private rights to create public goods, creative works set free for certain uses.

Offering your work under a Creative Commons license does not mean giving up your copyright. It means offering some of your rights to any member of the public but only on certain conditions.

All of Creative Commons licenses require that you give attribution in the manner specified by the author or licensor.

Attribution Attribution. You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your copyrighted work — and derivative works based upon it — but only if they give credit the way you request.

The core licensing suite will also let you mix and match conditions from the list of options below. There are a total of six Creative Commons licenses to choose from the core licensing suite.

Noncommercial Noncommercial. You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform your work — and derivative works based upon it — but for noncommercial purposes only

No Derivative Works No Derivative Works. You let others copy, distribute, display, and perform only verbatim copies of your work, not derivative works based upon it.

Share Alike Share Alike. You allow others to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the license that governs your work.

Note: A license cannot feature both the Share Alike and No Derivative Works options. The Share Alike requirement applies only to derivative works.
Taking a License

When you've made your choices, you'll get the appropriate license expressed in three ways:

1. Commons Deed. A simple, plain-language summary of the license, complete with the relevant icons.
2. Legal Code. The fine print that you need to be sure the license will stand up in court.
3. Digital Code. A machine-readable translation of the license that helps search engines and other applications identify your work by its terms of use.

Using a License

If you chose a Creative Commons license, the small logo and license description will appear next to your deviation. It will link back to the Commons Deed, so that the world can be notified of the license terms. If you find that your license is being violated, you may have grounds to sue under copyright infringement. The machine-readable translation will be embeded in your deviation page.
So basically a Creative Commons license allows other people to share your work without infringing copyright, but they aren't allowed to alter it or you can sue them under copyright infringement.
ImageImage
JPFan95
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by JPFan95 »

well thx a lot for listening and for helping! Trescom and its forums are the 2 best pages on the internetz!