Anne is Back - 3D renders using Trespasser models

Read all the other stories from the world

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

Rémi Nedry
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Anne is Back - 3D renders using Trespasser models

Post by Rémi Nedry »

Hello! It's always a bit hard to start on a new forum, so new things to learn... So I hope it's the proper place.

I bought Trespasser around 6 moths ago, and loved it a lot. So I tried to make my own levels. I found this forum a couple of months ago, and downloaded Tres Ed. However, I didn't tried to build new levels. I just exported the models and tried to play a bit with them.

So... Say hello to Anne!

The software used is DAZ|Studio. I couldn't figure how easy is it to use the Trespasser models! I converted them from .3DS to .OBJ in Wings3D, then imported them in DAZ|Studio. the UV map was still here, and all works very fine. the textures are exported in separate image files, so it was very easy to use Anne tatoo, and re-applying the texture. The only drawback wath the blue texture on the holes, that needed to be replaced by darker color to work correctly.

Hope you like it!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Anne is Back - 3D renders using Trespasser models

Post by Nick3069 »

Welcome to TresCom, Rémi Nedry! :mrgreen:

Nice work, but I think you made look too cartoon-ish and she is suppose to have short hair:

Did you modify Anne's model or did you create your own? Because that doesn't look like Anne from the game.
Rémi Nedry
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Rémi Nedry »

No, the model is Aiko 3, from DAZ studios. She's alittle cartoonish, but I still love playing with her. I tried to make her looks like Anne, but it was hard without reference pics else than her right arm... :mrgreen:

The texture is a texture designed to fit this character, I only added the Heart tatoo.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

Dude, that is one awesome image! Great stuff! :)

And Welcome to TresCom! :mrgreen:
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

Welcome to Trescom! :)

Great image! I especially like the way you've given her the dinosaur shocker. It could have been to Anne what the crowbar is to Gordon Freeman! :D
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

very impressive, my main enquiry would be how well does she convert to something Tres can use? and also are you any good with other life forms?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Rémi Nedry
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Rémi Nedry »

If I have the original meshe already converted to my software's format, without any problems. In fact, the software I'm using is very easy to use: you load the model, dress it, add some props, and pose it as you wish. It's very close to dressing a doll... in a CG version, of course! :mrgreen:
Shadow Wolf wrote:and also are you any good with other life forms?
About other life forms, I especially love working with Twi'lek models. I also have 2 raptors, a very old model, and another one without textures. I also have other dinosaurs, but they are too ugly to be rendered.

The main drawback of TresEd is when you export more than 1 model at a time. they are centered around the same axis, and resized at identical parameters. too bad, I'll have to recreate Burroughs' visitor centre one by one.
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

WHOA!!! :o :o :o That Anne looks amazing... I wish she was my girlfriend :P
So... Are you able to play in the game with THAT Anne?? That's preety amazing... Could you post some videos to see her moving around?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Rémi Nedry wrote:If I have the original meshe already converted to my software's format, without any problems. In fact, the software I'm using is very easy to use: you load the model, dress it, add some props, and pose it as you wish. It's very close to dressing a doll... in a CG version, of course! :mrgreen:
Shadow Wolf wrote:and also are you any good with other life forms?
About other life forms, I especially love working with Twi'lek models. I also have 2 raptors, a very old model, and another one without textures. I also have other dinosaurs, but they are too ugly to be rendered.

The main drawback of TresEd is when you export more than 1 model at a time. they are centered around the same axis, and resized at identical parameters. too bad, I'll have to recreate Burroughs' visitor centre one by one.
hmmm, have you ever considered doing a movie type thing by animating dinos? and exporting several objects at once... IIRC subobjects aren't exported automatically when multiple objects are exported
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

:o :o :o OMG! That is amazing! what game is it playing in tho :D
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Nice render! B)

Welcome to TresCom, btw.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

yep yepp nice render, i might try that app sometime :P

welcome to trespaaa~hold on, trescom i meant :lol:
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

O_O Nedry, that is sweet! Very anime-ish, I like it. 8) Excellent use of lighting. Too bad there's probably not a lower poly version available..

Welcome, to Jurassic Park. 8)
Rémi Nedry wrote:The only drawback wath the blue texture on the holes, that needed to be replaced by darker color to work correctly.
There's an option when exporting a model for "Replace opacity with gray" or something. :) Useful for displaying the textures in 3D apps.
Haha, well I think that must be a 3DS export error, then.. I've never quite encountered that before. 3DS is not generally recommended as a Trespasser format, too bad that's all you can use.. the TPM export works much better and can be imported into Max (and GMax as I've heard) with maxscripts.
Microceratops wrote:WHOA!!! :o :o :o That Anne looks amazing... I wish she was my girlfriend :P
So... Are you able to play in the game with THAT Anne?? That's preety amazing... Could you post some videos to see her moving around?
It's not an ingame image, lol. Trespasser can't support that level of poly, and I'm doubting it's easy to reduce the poly on the model in an effective way..
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Draconisaurus wrote:Trespasser can't support that level of poly, and I'm doubting it's easy to reduce the poly on the model in an effective way..
You can... but for that you need Blender3D ( Decimate modifier or collapsing edges ) :D
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
blooregardo
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by blooregardo »

Like others said, a little to anime-ish, but otherwise, a great render!
TheGuy wrote:It could have been to Anne what the crowbar is to Gordon Freeman! :D
Anne doesn't use her cattle to open a crate every 3 minutes. :P