Industrial Jungle - What is hidden in the underground

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Industrial Jungle - What is hidden in the underground

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

Hi, I'm Velociraptor Alfa and I want to share with you my recent research on the Industrial Jungle level from beta 96. The research is focused strictly on models which are hidden under the level's terrain. My findings are ordered progressively based on their appearance in the level. I'm not sure if some of these things hadn't been discovered earlier, so if yes, please let me know.
Spoiler: show
Some burnt sticks, maybe remains of the camp fire.
A small wooden crate with a lunch box.
Two small wooden crates, Benelli shotgun and a tinker toy mentioned in the Walkthrough.
A piece of metal, another Benelli shotgun and three tinker toys.
Desert Eagle and Ingram MAC-10.
A "normal" wooden plank and a "swamp" plank.
Some plants and bones of Apatosaurus.
Bones of Apatosaurus from different angle.
Lots of swamp planks - could be these remains of the swamp from the Walkthrough?
These swamp planks are situated under the rock steps puzzle.

And the last one and probably the biggest find is the original path to the last part of this level. It starts in the place where you in the retail and beta have to jump from the cliff to small pound. It originally led on ridge and ended near crushed truck behind the wooden shack. I got the idea to explore it when I saw the screenshot with crane and raptor on it. There was no cliff behind them. The only reminders of this path are trees lost in the terrain.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Industrial Jungle - What is hidden in the underground

Post by machf »

This reminds me I have further screenshots for uploading...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Industrial Jungle - What is hidden in the underground

Post by tatu »

The burnt wood pieces are probably from the Hunters Camp, the walkthrough mention it to be right before Industrial Jungle.

As for those trees, they are just missplaced. They are the same in the retail but fixed in their right location.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."