Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Post by tatu »

Yeah, well one of them can probably help us a bit on the terrain textures.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Love the texture files!

This is a really great find. I'm looking forward to the town even more now.

Did you get some textures with the town too?
tatu

Post by tatu »

s13n1 wrote:Did you get some textures with the town too?
Sadly no.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The layout of the mountains in this version of JR matches the lower right part of this PH image:

The overall shape matches better with the actual Cocos Island, too...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

This is awesome! great work.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I always knew those voice overs were probably related to the hidden Valley. It also looks like I have some alterations to do with the TCRF article. since it seems that the Hidden Valley was indeed intended for JR after all. I thought that originally and people were like "No you're wrong, it belongs to PH"
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.
I have a somewhat very complete version of the town, combined from all versions we have, it will be released with the Reloaded project.

As for the TCRF Tres page. I was thinking about that a few days ago. Personally when I helped a little some years ago, and we where told we couldn't use some stuff from example the walkthrough because it wasn't from any early version of the game itself, I hated it. I might end up doing some kind of wiki for the game myself since the TresCom one didn't go well :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm. I might be interested in helping with a Tres wiki... sounds like a big job though, not sure I have the time for it.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

The last wiki got spammed to death. :no:
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

tatu wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.
I have a somewhat very complete version of the town, combined from all versions we have, it will be released with the Reloaded project.

As for the TCRF Tres page. I was thinking about that a few days ago. Personally when I helped a little some years ago, and we where told we couldn't use some stuff from example the walkthrough because it wasn't from any early version of the game itself, I hated it. I might end up doing some kind of wiki for the game myself since the TresCom one didn't go well :P
I got unbanned and things have changed a little actually. now they have a new "pre-release" subpage section. That's generally for unreleased stuff other than the things found unused in games. The Developer walkthrough is up there.
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:
tatu wrote:

I got unbanned and things have changed a little actually. now they have a new "pre-release" subpage section. That's generally for unreleased stuff other than the things found unused in games. The Developer walkthrough is up there.
Glad to hear! I might put it up there at some point in the future, since I have a lot of experience of pre-release stuff.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tatu

Post by tatu »

When you open up one of the 3ds max files of this level, it points to several "missing" textures. Texture that was used on objects not found in these files we go, as they are split and not a full set level (like the town files). One of those textures it points to is "ARaptort2.bmp, ARaptoro8.bmp (Opacity) and ARaptorb8.bmp (Bumpmap).

I noticed this about a week ago, and it made me think if all the dinosaurs used to be a single texture at some point, as it appears like that based on these texture names. Then later they became multiply textures to increase the quality?

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Probably. We've seen that in the T-Rex and the Parasaur, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Raptors at first were like that too...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
HaroldRedwood
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by HaroldRedwood »

Nice find, that is, I should say..