TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Sweden
Yeah, well one of them can probably help us a bit on the terrain textures.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:50 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:54 am
Posts: 496
Location: Australia
Love the texture files!

This is a really great find. I'm looking forward to the town even more now.

Did you get some textures with the town too?

_________________
http://www.trespassingpetrolia.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trespassingpetrolia/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Sweden
s13n1 wrote:
Did you get some textures with the town too?


Sadly no.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:13 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10905
Location: Lima, Peru
The layout of the mountains in this version of JR matches the lower right part of this PH image:

Image

The overall shape matches better with the actual Cocos Island, too...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 am 
Offline
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1174
This is awesome! great work.

_________________
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 778
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
I always knew those voice overs were probably related to the hidden Valley. It also looks like I have some alterations to do with the TCRF article. since it seems that the Hidden Valley was indeed intended for JR after all. I thought that originally and people were like "No you're wrong, it belongs to PH"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:39 am 
Offline
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 778
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Sweden
glitchhunter09 wrote:
Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.


I have a somewhat very complete version of the town, combined from all versions we have, it will be released with the Reloaded project.

As for the TCRF Tres page. I was thinking about that a few days ago. Personally when I helped a little some years ago, and we where told we couldn't use some stuff from example the walkthrough because it wasn't from any early version of the game itself, I hated it. I might end up doing some kind of wiki for the game myself since the TresCom one didn't go well :P

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:54 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 11195
Location: Portland, OR
Hmmm. I might be interested in helping with a Tres wiki... sounds like a big job though, not sure I have the time for it.

_________________
Image
Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Millennium / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:39 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:52 pm
Posts: 4709
Location: Atlanta
The last wiki got spammed to death. :no:

_________________
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:06 pm 
Offline
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 778
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
tatu wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:
Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.


I have a somewhat very complete version of the town, combined from all versions we have, it will be released with the Reloaded project.

As for the TCRF Tres page. I was thinking about that a few days ago. Personally when I helped a little some years ago, and we where told we couldn't use some stuff from example the walkthrough because it wasn't from any early version of the game itself, I hated it. I might end up doing some kind of wiki for the game myself since the TresCom one didn't go well :P


I got unbanned and things have changed a little actually. now they have a new "pre-release" subpage section. That's generally for unreleased stuff other than the things found unused in games. The Developer walkthrough is up there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:28 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Sweden
glitchhunter09 wrote:
tatu wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:
Sorry to revive this topic but, how goes the porting of the Town tatu? Any progress made. Also on an unrelated note I was perma banned from the TCRF wiki so no new info will be added to the trespasser stuff. (I'd rather not go into details of why I was banned because it has to do with the owner not liking me and other shit that happened ages before in the IRC chat.) I've tried appealing for an unban several times, but because the owner hates me, it doesn't seem likely.


I have a somewhat very complete version of the town, combined from all versions we have, it will be released with the Reloaded project.

As for the TCRF Tres page. I was thinking about that a few days ago. Personally when I helped a little some years ago, and we where told we couldn't use some stuff from example the walkthrough because it wasn't from any early version of the game itself, I hated it. I might end up doing some kind of wiki for the game myself since the TresCom one didn't go well :P


I got unbanned and things have changed a little actually. now they have a new "pre-release" subpage section. That's generally for unreleased stuff other than the things found unused in games. The Developer walkthrough is up there.


Glad to hear! I might put it up there at some point in the future, since I have a lot of experience of pre-release stuff.

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Sweden
When you open up one of the 3ds max files of this level, it points to several "missing" textures. Texture that was used on objects not found in these files we go, as they are split and not a full set level (like the town files). One of those textures it points to is "ARaptort2.bmp, ARaptoro8.bmp (Opacity) and ARaptorb8.bmp (Bumpmap).

I noticed this about a week ago, and it made me think if all the dinosaurs used to be a single texture at some point, as it appears like that based on these texture names. Then later they became multiply textures to increase the quality?

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10905
Location: Lima, Peru
Probably. We've seen that in the T-Rex and the Parasaur, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Raptors at first were like that too...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:25 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Pine Valley
Nice find, that is, I should say..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group