Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Re: Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Post by s13n1 »

Awesome, can't wait to see it!

I just finished my Town's layout, so i'm keen to see what it may have looked like.

My new layout includes the school and also some elements from the movie town.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

All of this stuff is really cool, Tatu. I'm glad you're able to metaphorically dig these up. Are we going to get new (well, older) versions of other levels?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: Well, I guess I can reveal that it is an old town level I got next. In matter in fact, two of them, but minor difference (only a few days apart). But I will make both playable for you. And to answer two of your questions, yes, these versions got all the gates. And second, both Draco's and Hppav's theories about the town road system is wrong lol.
Is the original road to the Plains there?
No Dam in there?
How about the terrain?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Sadly no school was ever placed in the town level. Confirmed by devs.
All of this stuff is really cool, Tatu. I'm glad you're able to metaphorically dig these up. Are we going to get new (well, older) versions of other levels?
Glad everyone likes it! The Town and Jungle Road was all I got, but I hope in the future!
Is the original road to the Plains there?
No Dam in there?
How about the terrain?
Yes, it's just like the beta.
No Dam, no Plains part at all.
The terrain is there, looking almost like beta and retail, but no Plains part and the part for the cut gate is there (gate is also there). Actually, there is an object in max telling that the end of the level is where the cut gate is (and two leftovers from a south bridge <- the walkthrough mention a bridge collapsing after entering plains), however, there is also a teleport object where the Plains gate is in retail named exit.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Wow that's pretty cool, bit dissapointed that it was barren mostly, though the hidden valley trail looks like it could be where a few shots were posed with the Green Rex and the stego ;)
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I was hoping for these:

Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

machf wrote: Image
That second one is from Industrial Jungle. It's part of the early trek through the dried streambed before the gorge/swamp/cliff area.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
tatu

Post by tatu »

RexHunter99 wrote:Wow that's pretty cool, bit dissapointed that it was barren mostly, though the hidden valley trail looks like it could be where a few shots were posed with the Green Rex and the stego ;)
It's barren since most folige was probably in another max scene. I had two for JR, one with what you see, and another one with the mayan plaza, but some folige around it. They did this to reduce a lot of lag when dealing with a lot of objects in Studio Max.

I also noticed one music trigger from b96 JR fits perfectly over the mayan plaza.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:I also noticed one music trigger from b96 JR fits perfectly over the mayan plaza.
Sweet! Could you tell a little more about this?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

tatu wrote:
Sadly no school was ever placed in the town level. Confirmed by devs.
Kind of a missed opportunity. Imagine a class room with walls decorated by kids' artwork, backpacks strewn around, desks toppled over, discarded EVAC messages around... and a lost child's toy, like a teddy bear, sitting in the middle of it all.

It would make the evacuation seem more sad and pound home the idea that people lived and worked there. I mean, when people do photo sessions in the abandoned town near Chernobyl, they always go to a school and photograph some of the stuff left behind.

How about those feels?
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:I also noticed one music trigger from b96 JR fits perfectly over the mayan plaza.
Sweet! Could you tell a little more about this?
Yes. The "Trig_MAmb01-00" trigger. Importing it into this JR makes places it exacly over the Mayan Plaza. Sadly the music name is just a temp name, so it doesn't work, but since we know that JR probably only had the music "MUSIC - JR GENERAL AMBIENT" and "MUSIC - JR UNEASY AMBIENT", one of them when there. Probably "MUSIC - JR UNEASY AMBIENT" since the other one suppose to be before it (based on the soundtrack). And "MGate-00" in the beginning also got an temp music name, which probably is the first music.

Also, most triggers (ambient, music, vo) seems to fit almost perfect, other than some vo being moved. The hint triggers might need to be moved a bit, but otherwise they are placed really nice.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Nice, thanks for the extra info 8)
tatu

Post by tatu »

No problem!

I want to point out that this level I released is not a great level to continue working with without any or little knowledge about Trespasser editing. The scales in this isn't as in the beta or retail level since it was ported directly from an max scene. If anyone would want to continue or adding stuff into this, they should first import the master objects from another level and then change the scale on the instances to match the master mesh.
Importing instances from example beta or retail JR into this result in the instances being either smaller or bigger in scale than they should be.

And another note, on exporting from the max scene into .tpm (when I get time to upload the max files), this will result in the max script to make "Something00-01" use the mesh "Something00-01" instead of "Something00-00". So you have to edit the .tpm and remove all the texts for the meshes created and change all the instances so they use the master mesh instead. This is a pain in the ass and it's why the town level is taking time. I'm not sure why this happens or if there is any way to fix this, but I guess it has to do with how the devs worked while cloning objects. And since it doesn't appear that the source got their "Groff Exporter", it's not possible to export the scene directly into playable files.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Check the first topic for Anne model and JR Studio Max files.

Notice there are several max files, most of them are just temp placement files, where the could mass-copy from.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, this one looks interesting:

I haven't looked at the mesh files yet...