TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:50 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 6494
Location: Peru, Indiana
Image

Seems the gap between the Geo Plant and the Lab was originally a little more populated than it was when Shore was merged with Lab and Pine Valley. This confirms Remdul's suspicions that the tarpit belonged to Pine Valley and that it wasn't just some little test level.

And here's the location of the View Building (as I had posted in my Pine Valley Bug Fix thread a while back):
Image
Image
Image
Image

The walkway across the ditch is obviously connected to this:
Image
However the final design of this particular walkway is unknown. But you can compare the design to this image:
Image

So here's a rough map of all the locations:
Image

_________________
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:47 pm 
Offline
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 777
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
Nice find, I noticed they raised the land a little where the ditch in front of the view building used to be. Could just be this tiny screen I'm using atm though.... (I'm on my laptop.) So, not only is that general area where the Trailers from The Lost World were but now we know there was more to that part than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10789
Location: Lima, Peru
So, you're saying those images belonged to the (late) Shore level?

At some point I think I located the View building by the second ditch, rather than the first... look at the wall on the far right side of this picture:
Image
That's probably the edge of the GTP wall...
(with both "tanks" being one and the same)

I have to dig up my old stuff on this matter...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 6494
Location: Peru, Indiana
machf wrote:
So, you're saying those images belonged to the (late) Shore level?


Probably. I think Shore was cut very early on in the development process, mainly because Pine Valley and InGen Lab would have been REALLY short. The same thing they did when they gave the first part of Jungle Road to the Beach level.

machf wrote:
At some point I think I located the View building by the second ditch, rather than the first... look at the wall on the far right side of this picture:
Image
That's probably the edge of the GTP wall...
(with both "tanks" being one and the same)

I have to dig up my old stuff on this matter...


Well, let's do a little test shall we, you know since we have Pine Valley now.

Image

Hmm, if that is the Geo Plant wall then my hypothesis is correct, due to how small it appears from the second ditch... and that little dark grey line might have been the original road texture in this area, matching it with the road in my Pine Valley Bug Fix (which is correctly positioned using the TPV image). Keep in mind my terrain editing here isn't perfect, I had flattened that ridge and relocated the stream to where it was supposed to be.

If that is true then there appears to be a fork in the road (hard to tell), and if that is true then it fits a hypothesis I've been working on:

Image

I had to raise that stump to see it since the terrain is so messed up in that area.

Oh and here's the outside/stairs area:

Image
The View Building would be just out of frame to the right. Keep in mind that the pylons weren't set in their proper locations yet, the one image of the View building that shows a pylon, when I tried to recreate that it ended up being 5 feet off the ground.

_________________
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 am 
Offline
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 am
Posts: 884
Location: USA
It's difficult for me to make sense of all this, but it looks good. :)

_________________
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]


Last edited by awesome24712 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:38 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10789
Location: Lima, Peru
hppav wrote:
Hmm, if that is the Geo Plant wall then my hypothesis is correct, due to how small it appears from the second ditch... and that little dark grey line might have been the original road texture in this area, matching it with the road in my Pine Valley Bug Fix (which is correctly positioned using the TPV image). Keep in mind my terrain editing here isn't perfect, I had flattened that ridge and relocated the stream to where it was supposed to be.

I had forgotten you moved the first ditch when I made that comment, later when I looked at the PV level myself I ended up arriving at almost the same location as you did (Location 751.3, 1214.3, 27.7 and Facing -0.4, 0.9, -0.2).
Image
And yes, I also think that's the old road texture , too.

hppav wrote:
If that is true then there appears to be a fork in the road (hard to tell), and if that is true then it fits a hypothesis I've been working on:

Image

I had to raise that stump to see it since the terrain is so messed up in that area.

I'll take a look at that...

hppav wrote:
Oh and here's the outside/stairs area:

Image
The View Building would be just out of frame to the right. Keep in mind that the pylons weren't set in their proper locations yet, the one image of the View building that shows a pylon, when I tried to recreate that it ended up being 5 feet off the ground.

Yes, that's more or less the spot for that area in relation to the View building... as I said, I have to take a look at my old stuff.

What I had found long ago is that this pic is from the end of the level (Shore, now), with the Docks gate right behind.
Image
I think the View building can be seen in the distance...
Image

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 6494
Location: Peru, Indiana
Hmm, what we need to do is import either my old model of the View Building (which I don't even know if I still have) or a similarly sized box and position it at both locations, go to the location of that screen shot and see if we can tell for sure which is the right location. Even then it may be hard to tell at that distance. I'll dig around and see if I can't find that mesh anywhere, or at least a copy of Pine Valley Half.

EDIT: Hmm, I can't even find a reference to that level outside of me mentioning that the View Building was in that level. Though I do know that General Kenobi has it and so does many other PPV members. You might have it too since you were active in that thread. That mesh needs to be redone anyway, had plenty of things wrong with it :lol:

EDIT 2: Well, seems there is something included with that Source Code that is entirely useful in this. Since the source is out in the wild I think it's ok to mention this... The package apparently included the heightmap used for the View Building scenes (though I only just confirmed that it was.

Image
Image

I know this sounds like the view building isn't really in PV, but we had confirmation by Phil Salas during the PPV days that it was originally. What this does do is it puts into doubt whether we can trust the screenshots to give us an accurate representation of where the View Building was intended to go. This also gives me an itch to recreate the view building level using the terrain file... :P

_________________
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10789
Location: Lima, Peru
hppav wrote:
Hmm, what we need to do is import either my old model of the View Building (which I don't even know if I still have) or a similarly sized box and position it at both locations, go to the location of that screen shot and see if we can tell for sure which is the right location. Even then it may be hard to tell at that distance. I'll dig around and see if I can't find that mesh anywhere, or at least a copy of Pine Valley Half.

EDIT: Hmm, I can't even find a reference to that level outside of me mentioning that the View Building was in that level. Though I do know that General Kenobi has it and so does many other PPV members. You might have it too since you were active in that thread. That mesh needs to be redone anyway, had plenty of things wrong with it :lol:

I have a copy of some level, and the mesh of the building you did (I used in my own attempts to figure out where it went). I need to find it, though... do you remember what its name was?

Quote:
EDIT 2: Well, seems there is something included with that Source Code that is entirely useful in this. Since the source is out in the wild I think it's ok to mention this... The package apparently included the heightmap used for the View Building scenes (though I only just confirmed that it was.

Image
Image

And I didn't realize it was... I was looking at it from the wrong angle, I guess. I considered it a possibility (the building, the green portapotty, the ditch, could be identified with some features visible there), but I was looking more for the Church scene...

Quote:
I know this sounds like the view building isn't really in PV, but we had confirmation by Phil Salas during the PPV days that it was originally. What this does do is it puts into doubt whether we can trust the screenshots to give us an accurate representation of where the View Building was intended to go. This also gives me an itch to recreate the view building level using the terrain file... :P


I wonder if the scene with the three raptors next to that trench/ditch/whatever also goes there, or in PV as I was initially looking for last week...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:57 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 6494
Location: Peru, Indiana
I know it was in PPV's PV ver 6... and that the file it was in was called viewbuildingfinal.rar.

Anyway, I recreated the main terrain textures using that material map that you also found in the same folder and this should settle any question that this is the same location. I also blocked out the View Building using the footprint and guesstimating the height, came out pretty close:

Image

_________________
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:39 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10789
Location: Lima, Peru
Hey, I imported the terrain into a test level, then proceeded to import the broken/wrecked bridges we got without changing their coordinates... and guess *where* they turned up in the level!
Image

Yup, precisely in the right place! (disregard all the other stuff, I haven't removed it). You can see the depression where the View building goes next to the end of the bridge...

It's a small level... 128x128 only (or rather, 100x100, as I had to fill the remaining space to get the original heightmap from 400x400 to 512x512). I used a height multiplier of 0.0625...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 6494
Location: Peru, Indiana
That's pretty cool, I'll have to import it when I get back from work.

_________________
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:52 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10789
Location: Lima, Peru
Yes, the coordinates, the orientation, it's all a match...

I had to re-import because for some reason my test level was crashing, now I've solved it...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:10 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 6494
Location: Peru, Indiana
Hmm, I just imported the SBrokenBridges file from the Mystery Models package and their orientation isn't correct... The positioning is close but the bridge is at an angle to the canal... Unless there's another package containing the broken bridge...

EDIT: Welp, here's a map I made that shows how the level was set up. Seems the walkway did go somewhere... and intersection in the two gravel roads near the tanks.

Image

_________________
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10789
Location: Lima, Peru
Here's my test level:


Attachments:
HeightFieldTest.zip [789.16 KiB]
Downloaded 213 times

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:20 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:36 pm
Posts: 424
Location: United States
first off, Thank you Happv for making this topic.
I was planning on making a topic asking where this building was, and the curved walkway bridge, and that Tank thing.
Image
Image
Was it in Pine Vally? I guess This topic will answer the queastion.
and where this tar pit,
Image
Image
Was this in Pine vally to?

hppav wrote:
This confirms Remdul's suspicions that the tarpit belonged to Pine Valley and that it wasn't just some little test level.

That was one thing I was planning on asking, Was it actually Pine vally? A very early version? It wasn't a test level?

Also Happv do you stilll need that PV level I downloaded? PPV's PV ver 6, viewbuildingfinal.rar.
I should still have it, I'm not sure, I'll have to look.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group