Odd Terrain Vertices for Jungle Road

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Odd Terrain Vertices for Jungle Road

Post by glitchhunter09 »

While exploring the Mayan Head/Crashed Jeep section of Jungle Road, a little ways off, I found some vertices that seemed much smaller than the others in the initial area:

I decided to do what you see in the picture and it results in an odd little alcove similar to the area you see the Mayan face in the screenshot. However, it's too far away from the initial voice over that seems out of place saying "You saw what happened right?" That's over by the Hunter skeleton. This one's closer to the "Orchids" VA in the Beta (the Orchids VA is in a different spot of JR in the retail. In the beta it's by the crashed jeep. In the final, it's right on top of the hill leading to the Brach at the end of Jungle Road.)

What this makes me wonder is if the Mayan face and crashed jeep were moved some in production. Or maybe there was something else that was supposed to go in this spot. It doesn't seem right that these Vertices would be smaller than the other nearby ones unless it was meant for some kind of terrain detailing of sorts.

So, what do you guys think?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Odd Terrain Vertices for Jungle Road

Post by machf »

Some building went in there...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Odd Terrain Vertices for Jungle Road and building relate

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Quite possibly. hmmm.... Maybe the Plantation House was to be put there originally after PH level was canned. Then again, it may also just be some building we don't know about. I'd have to look at the 1997 walkthrough again. Off subject but related to buildings but, what's this building?

I originally thought it was the Geothermal Plant interior but it's clearly not. Also doesn't look like the warehouses of the Docks. Also appears in the original promotional video that uses all that pre-rendering. You see the player climbing the stairs.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

This is the same building discussed here I believe.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2571
Kind of inconclusive it seems. :(
Not sure if any images will load, I am get virus warnings from the upload site, blocking all images. Think it should be same building mentioned though.

Definitely some sort of storage though either vehicles or goods or both.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

That's known as the "View" building. It's originally from PV.

http://www.trescom.org/index.php?page=image&id=231
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I figured it was probably from PV. I think Slash Master made a custom one in Primal Chaos actually. It's where he put his Triceratops at.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, what building would have gone in that spot of Jungle Road? Any idea Tatu?