Trespasser Walkthrough From 1997! - Part Nine - InGen Lab

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Trespasser Walkthrough From 1997! - Part Nine - InGen Lab

Post by machf »

Discuss part nine of the walkthrough here.

Posted on Main Page http://www.trescom.org

Use the quote code to take the quotes from the walkthrough

Code: Select all

[quote]Text[/quote]
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Walkthrough From 1997! - Part Nine - InGen La

Post by hppav »

Nedry ah-ah-ah, reboot mainframe, hack in windows-like environment, get some information? Password something related to Nedry's fantasy paraphenalia.
Shouldn't that be a mac-like environment? ;)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Wow, short walkthrough! I might actually be able to comment on everything this time. :lol:
Clean Room
Use robot arm to open door or do something from other side
That's interesting, are they talking about the robot arms used to grab the eggs? Why would you need one of those to open a door?
Fire escape
Pull down with hook
Fire escape? Hook? They were thinking of bringing down a fire escape ladder with a grappling hook? Where would this be found?

Clearly, this walkthrough raises more questions than answers.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

T-Rex
What's unique about this fight?
A T-Rex in the lab area would have been great! Since they removed the raptors in the lab buildings, a T-Rex in the lab area would have done nicely to keep things perilous. I'll have to add a Rex to the lab in TresEd and see how things play out.
Nick3069 wrote:
Clean Room
Use robot arm to open door or do something from other side
That's interesting, are they talking about the robot arms used to grab the eggs? Why would you need one of those to open a door?
I believe they are. I seems like a door was locked, so Anne needed to use controls on her side to get the robot arm on the other side to grab the door handle/hit a button and open the door for her.
Nick3069 wrote:Clearly, this walkthrough raises more questions than answers.
It certainly does. The big question, for me, is why they weren't sure if they needed an exit puzzle. If there's no complication to moving on to the next level, then what's the point of everything mentioned here in the walkthrough? They probably had something in mind, though. They probably had a lot in conceptualized, but they just wrote down the main points and kept the details stored in their heads. The walkthrough's a bit vague here, but I'm more than happy with it.
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

Much too vague. As Anne says in the lab, "That's it? I thought there would be more..." I hope the next one has as much detail as the first few parts.

I like how the walkway roof part was able to make it in the game. That's one of my favorite parts. Then, you can climb on the air conditioner and go into the executive office, it's barricaded from the inside, but there is nothing to do. It tells a little story; someone was chased in, and either climbed out through the skylight or the raptors made it inside through the skylight. Does anyone else like that part of the game?

you can even see the walkway in http://trescom.org/index.php?page=image&id=251 artwork, and I guess it also shows how close the computer lab was supposed to be.

Perhaps you were supposed to climb up through the skylight and jump to the computer lab? I doubt it, though.

Also, only 3 buildings were planned? There had to be more labs spread throughout the island then! (Just not shown in game) unless these were very large buildings.

Was the level supposed to take place at dusk? It talks about floodlights, but there isn't any lighting in the game, so who knows?

The hacking, I don't know how it would work. What information does Anne want? Is she just trying to be a "Very rich girl?" Where is she even going at this point? Does she know that she is trying to reactivate the radio tower at Mt. Watson? Much like in the final game, Some more direction would be nice!

Then of course, I wonder how the level was supposed to end. Is there a Dino Pens level? I don't want to wait until next week to find out! (Okay, yes I do!)

It seems strange that they thought that they could do all of this. They must have thought they were pretty hot stuff. It's just like when you get together with your friends and plan out the perfect game. It has this, and that, and it's "oh so cool", but you all know that you can't actually make it.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
JPController
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by JPController »

Images would be a nice add on.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There are no images, this is a conceptual walkthrough from when the game was being developed...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
JPController
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by JPController »

Indeed. :D Just saying though :/ Keep it up. :D
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

If anybody's awesome at drawing they could waste their free time drawing concept art based on this walkthrough. :P
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Patience, little grasshopper...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I agree chiefoo, that sequence including the conference room was one of the cooler parts in the game. I have done my own little spin on it, in fact.

I was definitely more than a little disappointed with this walkthrough. Was hoping for a whole lot more. It does indeed seem like there were probably other plans drawn up somewhere else, which this was never updated with. Obviously more planning went into this than we see here, because voiceovers were made to connect with it. I have a feeling the "script" which we might one day see from the writer is the source of this missing info that the devs went by.