Trespasser Walkthrough From 1997! - Part Six - Plains

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Trespasser Walkthrough From 1997! - Part Six - Plains

Post by NoTrespassing »

machf wrote:I'm guessing a Parasaurolophus...
That was my initial thought and, you know, you might actually be right! Build 96 includes a movie-cannon Parasuarolophus model called ParaA or something like that.
VA129: That black crest... Some kind of species varriant. DNA from a different period or.. another continent.
Someone, I forgot who, on the forums suggested that the developers may have planned to have different tribes for other dinosaurs besides raptors. If that's true, VA192 could very well be Anne's first encounter with a Tribe B Parasaurolophus.
Hilwo wrote:I don't know why, but I just assumed it would be a carnivore.
I think a lot of us did. If the black-crested dino isn't the one Anne had to kill, it's likely that it was a large dinosaur that could fight back, which narrows it down to Tyrannosaurus, Albertosaurus, or Triceratops.
We at least know that Triceratops (what's the plural of Triceratops?) were going to be aggressive in the plains and from voice overs that Albertosaurs were there. I'm guessing one of those two had the collar.
Velociraptor Alfa wrote:I'm guessing Cryolophosaurus...
A great idea and a great guess. That would make sense, but I believe the developers were only planning on including 7 dinosaurs and the only other one we have proof they were considering was an Allosaurus. The fact that the boss of the game is just a recolored and resized version of a Tribe C Velociraptor makes me think they'd have done the same thing here and recolored a dinosaur they already modeled.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

I'm guessing we'll find out eventually, I'm certain some dev remembers. Tatu is on a roll after all ;)

But Tres did need more 'boss' battles. Especially if it's a survival horror game.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

hppav wrote:I'm guessing we'll find out eventually, I'm certain some dev remembers. Tatu is on a roll after all ;)
That's what I'm hoping. Keep up the good work, Tatu!
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

..it's almost scary how much stuff Tatu manages to get from devs, and finding them all, and so on.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

LtSten wrote:..it's almost scary how much stuff Tatu manages to get from devs, and finding them all, and so on.
Tatu is epic :)
With Trespasser, you can!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'm guessing he's been tracking them down, kidnapping and torturing them until they give him what he wants... ;)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Let it simply be said that eventually there will be more, indeed, coming out about the plains. And uh, I could have sworn Tatu confirmed to me the identity of the black-crested dino in messenger. I think it was a para-variant, which would indeed sound like Cory to me. I also remember having the concept that this was actually a new "tribe", with multiple members, and not necessarily the one Anne must bring down to get the viable battery.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I could have sworn that he told me the VO had something to do with Anne's first encounter with Tribe B raptors... I could be wrong though.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ohhh, you know, that sounds familiar too... I recall the thought that it made sense she would first encounter the second tribe here, and that it would be a big enough event to warrant a voiceover. The TC Dilo is essentially the TC Raptor with a head crest and new textures (and no foot claw), I'd say one could use that if one wanted to do something in conjunction with that VO.