Walkthrough Part Five - TOWN

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Walkthrough Part Five - TOWN

Post by tatu »

CHECK THE MAIN PAGE

Discuss part five of the walkthrough here.

Use the quote code to take the quotes from the walkthrough

Code: Select all

[quote]Text[/quote]

tatu
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Walkthrough Part Five - TOWN

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

Well the Author sure was a dreamer. It doesn't seem like a lot of those features could be done even with unlimited resources in 1998.

I had always assumed the player would have an obstacle that would make him go towards the sea instead of directly towards mt. watson or the lab, and now we have solid proof of that.

The school would have been a nice touch, I never even noticed the lack of one. at least the basket ball court made it in. What does BC:CS mean?

and the boulder rolling down and crashing into the gate, I recall an interview where that was used to open raptor pens, so it must have been moved, and then deleted!

a pheromone bomb would have been an interesting weapon. how would it work? Might it make the dinosaurs attracted to Anne and not attack her, or would it make the dinosaurs run to where ever you shot it and then you could leave, or would it make dinosaurs chase other dinosaurs? it doesn't really matter, though.

Why would Nick destroy the radio? that doesn't seem like an adequate explanation.

there is no mention of a tree growing though the church, so I wonder if it had any purpose. TNEXT puts you on the roof, after all, but maybe that's just for a good view of the town? Does the church still double as the town hall? I don't think so....

Has anyone played http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7th_Guest ? I don't know how that could have inspired hammond's house puzzles.

and an allosaurus as another dinosaur? or did they mean albertosaurus?

I feel confused by the orientation used during these walkthroughs, like they hadn't used the cocos island map yet. anyone else?
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Dreamer is definitely the word. I find it funny that Raptors jumping through windows and walking through doors are mentioned like it's easy to achieve, but more than four benches in the church is asking for trouble.

The Allosaurus thing is weird. People have suspected that the Albertosaurs were originally going to be Allorsaurs, but this walkthough has them in the game together. Were they both going to be in the game? Did the writer mean to write 'Albertosaurus'? Was the Allosaurus recently changed to an Albertosaurus and the writer forgot to change it at that part?
Whatever the case, I'll take this as solid evidence that Allosaurs were, at one point, considered to make an appearance.

Is the road that is broken apart by mudslides the same road that made it into the retail, the one that goes up past the dam to PV? I believe it is, but I can't imagine it running off into the ocean. It's too far away on the map.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... passer.jpg
Any ideas?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Very ambitious ideas here.

A school? Interesting, would have made sense because Hammond said the workers were transported, fed, and housed so I would guess they would bring their families too.

The church was also a town hall? Makes sense. I always found it strange that there was a church there. Hammond doesn't look like the very religious type, he was playing god after all.

Interesting that the monorail never makes it to the town and there is still no mention of a railway, maybe once we get to the harbor/lab....
masterchiefoo7 wrote:and an allosaurus as another dinosaur? or did they mean albertosaurus?
No, I think it was an Allosaurus. There are Allosaurus skulls in the game, so there had to be some living ones. Strange that there are no voice overs about them though.
masterchiefoo7 wrote:I feel confused by the orientation used during these walkthroughs, like they hadn't used the cocos island map yet. anyone else?
Same here.
NoTrespassing wrote:Is the road that is broken apart by mudslides the same road that made it into the retail, the one that goes up past the dam to PV? I believe it is, but I can't imagine it running off into the ocean. It's too far away on the map.
Any ideas?
Maybe, but that road is part of what's left of the plains.
I think it's more likely to be the road you see in Ascent 2, near the summit.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

NoTrespassing wrote:Is the road that is broken apart by mudslides the same road that made it into the retail, the one that goes up past the dam to PV? I believe it is, but I can't imagine it running off into the ocean. It's too far away on the map.
Any ideas?
This is the North Road. It exits the town on the upper left side of that map then turns north (left) up over the ridge, but it's too damaged for Anne so she heads east (up) to the ocean and finds a way around the ridge. I made a map based off the walkthrough but i'd rather not post it until the whole walkthrough is posted.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

hppav wrote:
Any ideas?
This is the North Road. It exits the town on the upper left side of that map then turns north (left) up over the ridge, but it's too damaged for Anne so she heads east (up) to the ocean and finds a way around the ridge. I made a map based off the walkthrough but i'd rather not post it until the whole walkthrough is posted.
Oh, gotcha. That makes much more sense. Looking forward to hearing all about The Plains.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Oops, I meant upper right >_< Upper left is the current exit, the original exit was removed and part of the ridge was flattened when Plains was cut.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, I was wondering about that...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

hppav wrote:Oops, I meant upper right >_< Upper left is the current exit, the original exit was removed and part of the ridge was flattened when Plains was cut.
It was? How did you find that out?
Oh, boy, now I'm lost again. A few questions: Did the original (upper right) exit curve around to connect to the PV entrance originally? Did the upper left (retail) exit exist before Plains was cut? Did the raptor valley with the two landslides exist before Plains was cut? Is the upper left (retail) road with two landslides the original road in this 1997 walkthrough, but moved?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

"How did you find that out"
The walkthrough tells us which gate, the map in the beta Town shows us it's location, and IJ's terrain shows that the ridge continues.

"Did the original (upper right) exit curve around to connect to the PV entrance originally?"
Aside from the fact that it goes around the ridge it still follows a similar path, just doesn't exit the town in the same place.

"Did the upper left (retail) exit exist before Plains was cut?"
IJ's terrain indicates it didn't and if it did it would be a much easier route into the plains than the one described in the walkthrough wouldn't it? :P

"Did the raptor valley with the two landslides exist before Plains was cut?"
That would be a spoiler for the Plains walkthrough so I can't comment.

"Is the upper left (retail) road with two landslides the original road in this 1997 walkthrough, but moved?"
Yes, only that it exits the town from a different gate. It's still the North Road. Anything further would spoil part of the Plains walkthrough.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

hppav wrote:"How did you find that out"
The walkthrough tells us which gate, the map in the beta Town shows us it's location, and IJ's terrain shows that the ridge continues.
Cool, that's clever!
Thanks a bunch. It makes sense to me now.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

At some point I hope to get around to making some conjectural and not-so-conjectural maps for the Plains...
masterchiefoo7 wrote:there is no mention of a tree growing though the church, so I wonder if it had any purpose. TNEXT puts you on the roof, after all, but maybe that's just for a good view of the town? Does the church still double as the town hall? I don't think so....
I believe Tatu discovered that the tele cube ontop of the church is only there after build 96. But anyways, I'm pretty sure we knew it was the town hall before, from the white board in the Ops Center (I believe the white board items were also found on something posted just outside the church)
NoTrespassing wrote:I find it funny that Raptors jumping through windows and walking through doors are mentioned like it's easy to achieve, but more than four benches in the church is asking for trouble.
Lmao :lol:!!!!