Beta ATX?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Beta ATX?

Post by Microceratops »

Hi everyone!

I was wondering which version of ATX should I use to enable the most common cheats in the Beta. I have tried the ATX Patcher but when I do it, it gives me the following message:

"Unsupported Trespasser Executable. ATX requires an excecutable patched to v1.1 (1.0.117.0) using either of the official patches (large or small), or the demo exe."

I've tried the Patcher with the archives tspassk6, tspassp5 and with tspassp6 but none of them works. Any help?

Thanks in advance! :)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Beta ATX?

Post by tatu »

You can't use the ATX patch on the beta :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Oh, I see. I kinda expected it though. But thanks a lot for telling me! Now at least I won't keep insisting to the poor thing.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Uh-uh, can't do that. ATX was written to work with the various English language versions of Trespasser 1.1.7 (demo, patched P5, patched P6, patched 6). Even making it work with other 1.1.7 releases in different languages (Spanish or German, for example) isn't currently possible, as it would need to know where to look for certain things (which aren't in the same place in the different versions), and Big Red doesn't think it's worth adding them (in the case of 1.1.7 versions in English, addresses are basically displaced by a fixed amount between versions), much less looking for the corresponding addresses in 1.1.6 or 0.9.6 versions...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Ah, I see... Curiously enough, I have the spanish version and the ATX works fine.

However, I was just thinking this... How about if I move the data files from the Beta to the release version? (Of course I'll keep the originals as back-up, just in case)
tatu

Post by tatu »

you can play the beta levels with the retail version :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Cool, thanks a lot! :mrgreen:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You can do that, but you'll be missing a few things in some of the levels... (stuff that was removed from the executable between 96 and 116/117 and which those 96 levels used).

And even though you have the Spanish version, you're running an English ATX executable, right?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Yeah, that must be why it works...

But I tried the Beta levels on the released version and it works alright. Some of the audio is missing, and some textures too, but in general it works wonders to use the FLY cheat to go everywhere :D
tatu

Post by tatu »

Some textures? there shouldn't be missing any texture. And just copy the beta TPAs to the retail folder

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Or just use the ATX-patched demo executable placing it inside the Beta's folder (but you'll need to decompress the .spz's into .swp's too).