Cutting Room Floor Wiki

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Cutting Room Floor Wiki

Post by glitchhunter09 »

This is kind of on the topic of Trespasser beta so I stuck it in here. However, if you think otherwise please move it.
http://wiki.rustedlogic.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor
This wiki is designed show things in video games that were never seen in the final version but are still in the code. It also covers leaked betas as well.

I personally think that information on theTrespasser beta and leftovers in the retail version should go on here. I would also like to note that it also deals with unused code routines too. You are free to post the strings as well.

Putting it on this wiki should add a bit more organization to Trespasser's beta research. I'm going to add information for it but I can't do it alone. I need a bunch of other peoples' help with it as Trespasser is a game with lots of unused goodies and such.

So if you wanna help, please do. I'm not advertizing, nor am I forcing you to do it. I'm merely saving myself the trouble of spending my entire life writing a wiki article on a single game.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Cutting Room Floor Wiki

Post by tatu »

I think we should have a section like that on the site insted, or in our wiki page
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I'd much prefer to have it on the TresCom website.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Putting info on that site would be a method for Trespasser exposure. Could be helpful considering most people have bad memories of the game - seeing part of what was originally intended might make them want to give it another look.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Draconisaurus wrote:Putting info on that site would be a method for Trespasser exposure. Could be helpful considering most people have bad memories of the game - seeing part of what was originally intended might make them want to give it another look.
I second this.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

NoTrespassing wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Putting info on that site would be a method for Trespasser exposure. Could be helpful considering most people have bad memories of the game - seeing part of what was originally intended might make them want to give it another look.
I second this.
Thirded.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

Draconisaurus wrote:Putting info on that site would be a method for Trespasser exposure.
Not to sound unfair, but exposure is NOT something we'd gain by putting it on THAT site. Going by Alexa-stats, and other estimates, the traffic on that site is extremely low - the Pagerank of 0 shows that is irrelevant by the measure of other websites, too. It seems like an interesting site, yes, but it is really what I would call a "special-interest" community with low membership.

So, will it bring us "exposure" relevant enough that it makes up for the costs of putting it up there and maintaining the wiki, I'd say no. This doesn't necessarily mean that we can't do it, but we should really know what we do it for - frankly this topic doesn't answer the question yet. I do agree, however, that we should try to organize the BETA information further.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

We should definitely NOT put pre-release info on other sites gained from content found through questionable means. It could cause EA to investigate how it's intellectual property was leaked onto the internet and those who leaked it, whoever they are, could get in BIG trouble. I don't think we should risk anyone's careers/lives/criminal records for an extremely slim chance that we'd get more visitors. I think this is a VERY VERY bad idea. What if you were the person who leaked stuff out to a few hardcore fans of a game only to find out that it was posted abroad and EA's lawyers are knocking on your door?
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

hppav wrote:We should definitely NOT put pre-release info on other sites gained from content found through questionable means. It could cause EA to investigate how it's intellectual property was leaked onto the internet and those who leaked it, whoever they are, could get in BIG trouble. I don't think we should risk anyone's careers/lives/criminal records for an extremely slim chance that we'd get more visitors. I think this is a VERY VERY bad idea. What if you were the person who leaked stuff out to a few hardcore fans of a game only to find out that it was posted abroad and EA's lawyers are knocking on your door?
That's a good point and I wasn't aware that any information TresCom has obtained was done so through illegal means. If that's the case, perhaps this should be up to the people who were involved with the initial sharing of info. I'm thinking the chance of EA looking into old Trespasser stuff on the Internet or caring about it enough to investigate might be slimmer than the chance of gaining interest from other people in general. But, in any case, I'll leave it up to the ones who found the info first.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

In the end, I think it just comes down to "Does anybody have the time to do this?", "Is it worth it?" [No. We might get one or two more visitors who in the end wouldn't be all that interested, probably] and as hppav said, "What content should be made 'more public'?

My own verdict would be no, the risk and time far outweighs the reward, here.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Technically making custom content for Trespasser violates the EULA so...
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

hppav wrote:We should definitely NOT put pre-release info on other sites gained from content found through questionable means. It could cause EA to investigate how it's intellectual property was leaked onto the internet and those who leaked it, whoever they are, could get in BIG trouble. I don't think we should risk anyone's careers/lives/criminal records for an extremely slim chance that we'd get more visitors. I think this is a VERY VERY bad idea. What if you were the person who leaked stuff out to a few hardcore fans of a game only to find out that it was posted abroad and EA's lawyers are knocking on your door?
You think I wanted to help the site's publicity with this? lol. That is by far the most inaccurate conjecture behind my motives. I merely needed some extra hands to tend to the creation of the article as well as my own. However, it seems I have underestimated your copyright paranoia. Some people seem to have the false idea that talking about copyrighted material is illegal. It's not. It's illegally DOWNLOADING the actual product, media, warez, whatever. I don't care about this site's publicity. Sorry if that seems like I never cared from the beginning because I actually did. I prefer the low traffic thank you very much. It makes the boards a lot less chaotic. (unlike a certain sonic site I know of....) And how are they to know where the content within the game came from? Hey, for all they know it could be a mock up created by somebody who knows how to use exceptional detail.

So, in lack of better terms, publicity never crossed my mind. If you aren't going to help contribute info, I'll do it myself and I'll do it by any means necessary. Even if it means not crediting people for their findings.

If you are so paranoid, I'm going to make you even more paranoid: You're talking about the beta right now. In your book, that's illegal. So going by your falsified copyright paranoia, this whole site is unclean, right down to the last screenshot or model rip and mod. Hell, me talking to you about why I have to argue with your statement is illegal because you say it is.

See what I'm saying? What you are saying makes no sense.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm criticizing you like a dick but I'm actually not trying to be. I just feel you take the concept of copyright so seriously that you don't understand it. But whatever, do what you want. I'm not the owner of the site. Oh and btw, the whole threat of putting information up without giving credit was a bluff to see if I could get you a little more motivated. Meh, one less monster of an article I have to deal with.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

NoTrespassing wrote:
I second this.
To clarify, I'd like anyone who it may concern to know that I was not necessarily pulling for a TresCom member to post pre-release Trespasser info on that site, I was just agreeing with Drac that mentioning Trespasser's planned features (many of which we learned through interviews and plenty of other perfectly legal means) would make people more aware of Trespasser's strengths and not just its weaknesses.
I didn't mean to cause a minor controversy, I only meant to express my wish to give others the opportunity to learn about and possibly play a game I enjoy.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

hppav wrote:Technically making custom content for Trespasser violates the EULA so...
Actually, so long as we purchased the game, (no matter whom from) and it is a legitimate copy, EULA doesn't restrict us from modding or hackign the game, that's down to moral obligation :P
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

...quick pointer here to make sure that this thread doesn't turn into some copyright argument. :P
Whoever is fine with adding the information and wants to do so, I'd say go ahead. If you disagree with this happening, stay out of it and dpn't get involved, unless it "puts you at risk"...
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]