PV - The Missing Road

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

PV - The Missing Road

Post by tatu »

Who would have thought that PV hold secrets? When build 96 was created, all level had started to get things scrapped, folige etc. and PV is no exeptions. PV is missing a few roads.

Looking at the TrnPlacement texture in TestScene reveales that this part, once was covered with a road, you can see that the terrain has been raisen once.

Look at:

And you can see the roads missing.

This was probably removed so the player couldn't skip the puzzle to start the power I think.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: PV - The Missing Road

Post by machf »

Yes, the fork in the road is still there but the right side road isn't...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep, Sam came a long way in restoring the level, I wonder when he's going to release what he did..

And btw, it seems likely the player would have been prevented from going out of the area by the bridge, which we can now see requires power to activate. Or anyway, the bridge should probably be in an upright position until you can lower it with the lever. That's probably the one they were talking about with the bridge sinking into terrain..
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'd like to know who set up that draw bridge & the other bridgeworks crossing the mountain runoffs. I assume they were temporary or a simple rush job as the models really aren't up to snuff with most other work in the level.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

You can still skip the power restoration part of the stage and jump over the bridges with the weird invisible blocks too. It takes a bit of running and jumping but it is very much possible to bypass doing the Geothermal plant. I've done it numerous times so their efforts weren't as successful as they had hoped obviously. :yum:
tatu

Post by tatu »

I think that in the beginning you where suppose to start the plant before the keypad to the harbor worked

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I've beat the level by simply walking through the gate of the harbor (which can be done in the final so obviously they just moved the gates to the lab level and didn't realize that the gates had a minor flaw in them where you could walk through them without opening them.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:I think that in the beginning you where suppose to start the plant before the keypad to the harbor worked
Think so too, as she mentions the power to the keypad looks dead.
Though after restoring the power she'll still say it.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:I think that in the beginning you where suppose to start the plant before the keypad to the harbor worked
Could also be a leftover since they build the levels in Max, before the the engine was start to build. They always wanted the game to be one huge island without any loading section

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

tatu wrote:
Hilwo wrote:
Could also be a leftover since they build the levels in Max, before the the engine was start to build. They always wanted the game to be one huge island without any loading section
Actually they wanted to do that in the initial design brief but dropped the idea because it wasn't pheasible on the computer systems back then. Also, in school you're taught that File I/O operations in programming are slow and should never be relied on except at load-time.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Making that voiceover not fire if the power was restored is as simple as a single line of script. 'Nyways, yes, some of the material we have suggests the plan was for to Anne to be able to reach the Harbor door and find the keypad unusable, until she restores power, which also powers up things in the Harbor and Lab. Scripting the keypad to not work at first would be slightly more involved - unless you just put an invisible block in front of the buttons, heh. The base texture shows that Anne could originally walk over to the Harbor gate before going to the Geo Plant very easily at first - unless there were other obstacles we don't realize.