The original Build 96 disk - the reason it exist?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

The original Build 96 disk - the reason it exist?

Post by tatu »

I think I know why there is an existence of a build 96 disk.
looking at the german preview video at ; http://trescom.org/index.php?page=resources/media.htm

You can see that they are playing build 96 or one really close to it. It is possible that the build 96 disk is the (or one of the) version they sended out to testers to play. This mean that this could be the only version before retail that exist, or that there might be earlier versions.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: The original Build 96 disk - the reason it exist?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well the "other" not-retail version would be that of the strat. guide. It shows elements of both build 96 and 116.

Alas, if we could be find the E3 version out there somewhere..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, they showed at the E3 IJ and PV, IIRC... nothing else.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Right but it makes sense that they would just bring the latest build with them, and level-cheat their way to open those two levels because they were ready for demonstration. Or who knows.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

We're speaking about 1997. Those may very well be the only ones they had available back then.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

machf wrote:We're speaking about 1997. Those may very well be the only ones they had available back then.
Don't know about that machf, I have experience with prototypes of much older games. There have been some instances where things meant to be E3 Demos actually have more levels in them that are barred from access to the people using the demos. Of course, since those were for cartridge games, it may not be the case for Trespasser since they could have easily removed the files.

I think we should also take note that there is a very big likelyhood that more Trespasser builds exist. Primarily because, my video game prototype experience has also proven this. Nearly a decade ago, there was only one Sonic the Hedgehog 2 beta known about and it was dubbed the "Simon Wai" build after the guy who found the dump of the stolen build on a Chinese ROM site.

In 2005, an even earlier prototype known which appeared on the show "Nick Arcade" was found and dumped by a guy known as drx, whom I've mentioned numerous times.

Then on February 23rd, 2008 drx released over 1000 Sega prototypes and among them were more Sonic the Hedgehog prototypes. (the Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition Prototypes came from this release as well but that's irrelevant to this conversation at the moment.) drx also has affiliations with ASSEMbler. They do business together on occasions and he's obviously one of drx's prototype contacts.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I know a dev who already got a few other alpha disks, but can't get them for another 2 years :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:I know a dev who already got a few other alpha disks, but can't get them for another 2 years :)
We've been around this long - what's another 2 years :yum: I can wait...
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Hilwo wrote:
tatu wrote:I know a dev who already got a few other alpha disks, but can't get them for another 2 years :)
Shut up zombie man :lol: but yes, what's another 2 agonizingly long years? By then I may be starting my $17,000 Bachelor in Games programming :P
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
tatu

Post by tatu »

RexHunter99 wrote:
Hilwo wrote:
Shut up zombie man :lol: but yes, what's another 2 agonizingly long years? By then I may be starting my $17,000 Bachelor in Games programming :P
We still don't know if any other dev will find any yet either

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

2 other pre-release disks? This s great news! :D
Why do we need to wait 2 years though? Did he choose to send it with the cheapest, longest shipping method? :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

lol I don't know if he got 2, I think he said a few.

haha well they are in the US I believe and he live in australia

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... more stuff... I wonder WHAT would be inside that. PH? PL?
tatu

Post by tatu »

I wonder it too, but I know he worked with IJ, so probably atleast some early version of that

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... the E3 version maybe, if it's an alpha as you said.