Monitor Ebay

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Monitor Ebay

Post by glitchhunter09 »

There is a good chance that another Trespasser Beta might become available in the future. The best way to find one is to monitor online buying and auctioning websites like ebay periodically. Occasionally, prototypes will surface on Ebay for video games. Trust me, I won five Sega CD prototypes and one Sega Saturn Prototype in an online auction recently so I should know.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Monitor Ebay

Post by machf »

Have you heard anything, or just taking a guess?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

It's what a lot of people searching for prototypes do. Online Auction sites are the most likely place to find Video game prototypes. (actually more like the most convenient.) It's a known fact. The chances of one appearing on there are slim but it still never hurts to check. Sometimes you get lucky.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

For all the german folks around here, I could also recommend my own plattform http://www.bazaaria.com. Not to sound like a douche, but bazaaria is actually a great alternative to eBay with its focus being on all the non-powersellers out there. The system works like the following:

Anyone can upload there own items to the system for free. For any product he/she uploads, he can receive offers that can contain products and money alike. That way it is possible to either swap or sell your product - its up to you what kind of offer you accept. If you do accept an offer, it will be free as long as only products are exchanged, there is only a fee involved once you purchase a product. We even implemented a true escrow service that will take the risk of losing money from either side of the deal!

Only downside is, that we are currently limited to german speaking members only. :( But we will definately try to launch an english version soon.

Oh, and to get back to topic - i myself am offering a copy of Trespasser there :)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Thanks for the tip. Right now, any extra auction sites besides ebay will work. I don't just mean monitor ebay. It is also a good idea to monitor other online auction sites as well.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

If it's possible to get an RSS feed to monitor such a thing, it would help..
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

That works too I suppose. I'm just really into finding an even earlier beta than beta 96. I'll contact my acquaintance, drx to keep an eye out as well. Yes, this is the same guy who released over 1000 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive prototypes in one day onto the internet. (11 of which were Jurassic Park Rampage Edition prototypes which only 9 of them run on emulators.)