Build 96 TresPasserAudio Files (From Tresgame)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Build 96 TresPasserAudio Files (From Tresgame)

Post by tatu »

The TPAs included with Build96 contain many new sounds, including MOST of the missing voiceovers from the retail version (build116c/d) of the game. I have created a new voiceover list which updates the retail voiceover list with the missing ones from this beta (note that I've heard some of the retail ones are not in the beta, so this should serve mostly as a reference for what all of them are - make sure that whatever TPAs you use for a given level contain the VOs you want).

Download here > VoiceOversBeta.txt

(EDIT: The

Code: Select all

function on this forum doesn't make it into a small box like TresCom, might be good to fix that..)

Now, for analysis! Voiceovers in [i]italics[/i] are the "new" ones.

ANNE

==Voice-Overs==

VA4: A foundation, maybe.
[i]VA5: Dear diary. Plane has crashed on deserted island. Will die a lonely death. Well, I gotta go. Anne.[/i]
VA6: InGen, some kind of… wait. International Genetic Technologies...
>>>Haha, a new diary entry! Quite entertaining :lol: I wonder if they ever had even more of these planned, in some old version of the script... Anyway, seems that this would have gone in the Beach level. Almost as if there would have been a greater distance from the plane crash to the InGen billboard.

VA14: "No trespassing." Thanks.
VA15: Oh God, someone’s gotta come get me!
VA16: "Welcome to the City of Tomorrow."
VA17: This was the place, this used to be just an urban myth.
[i]VA18: Who do they think they're keeping out?[/i]
VA19: I wonder what they left here…
VA22: This has to go somewhere…
VA23: Yeah, yeah, bill me.
[i]VA24: No dinosaurs in here... I guess this was just construction. The real facility could be MILES away.[/i]
>>>At this point in the VOs, Anne has not come to the town or anything yet. Seems that there were still some facilities, though - enough to be referenced as a major facility but not the "real" one. It also had a No Trespassing sign, and other measures to keep people out, which I'm sure had some sorts of little puzzles in mind. I wonder what this would have looked like? Maybe a garage-type-thing for storing construction equipment?
Oh and, I just love the way she says "dinasaws," here :lol: Almost like a reference to Mr. DNA. She says "dinosaur" just fine when she says "Dinosaur park, what a great idea!"

[i]VA25: DAMNIT! Okay, oh god. Calm down.[/i]
VA26: A phone, oh thank God.
[i]VA27: SSSHUT UP!
VA28: PHONE! DIE![/i]
>>>Haha. Something bad happened... and then she found that good ol' phone. Apparently, she was more pissed about the operator's message than we realized :lol:!!!

VA31: Looks like it ran off the trail for some reason...
VA32: What happened here?
VA33: Oh my…
[i]VA34: YOU saw what happened, didn't you...[/i]
>>>I believe she's speaking to a dead hunter. VA32 suggests that it was a major scene and not just a dead guy and his safari vehicle. Still, I bet the dark green jeep in JR is this scene. Just.. not much to see there. The area is, sadly, still quite empty in JR 96. Perhaps even ingame, it was once more developed, with all that space..

[i]VA35: He's right, this is what they must have faced. Endless wilderness... Total mystery.[/i]
>>>I believe this is in reference to VH7: "A forest this wild, this unknown, has not been seen by any human since the great hunters of the early Pliocene." Anne often "replies" to certain things Hammond "says". This is a rather early point in the VOs for it to be mentioned. But then, I'm pretty sure VH7 is in BE just after the first bridge puzzle, so it makes sense. Anne probably noted this some distance into the jungle of JR.

VA36: Ah, this sucks!
[i]VA37: Those dots in the north...
VA38: Sun's in the West... I think... Which means that moutain I saw from the beach must be North.[/i]
VA39: Hello? Marquez? Are you there? Esta Alli?
>>>After calming down and gaining some confidense in her abilities to not die a lonely death, she decides to get her barings. I believe VA37 may be a reply to VH88: "The pylons ran for kilometers, one every.. hundred meters or so. I built them to last. Running east from the plant, they climbed the valley before descending south into the plains." I think she's seeing the tops of the tall pylons from a great distance, which helps give her a direction to go. They WOULD be in the North, since she makes her way northward from the southern beach. And uh, I thnk VA39 is just thrown in there. It should go near the beginning of the game. Alternatively, maybe she finds a major part of her own plane wreck.

VA40: Orchids!
[i]VA41: This isn't supposed to happen. This... I graduated Suma! This should be happenng to a... policeman, or a... ninja.[/i]
>>> :lol:!!!! OR A NINJA

VA42: Oh man… He really did it.
[i]VA43: Oh man... He really did it.[/i]
>>>Ooopz, double VO. Yes, VA42 is the same in the beta. Or maybe something else was supposed to go here?

VA44: Okay, okay, shh, shh!  Sleepy dinosaur.
[i]VA45: Tr.. Triceratops, right? ...They don't know their names...[/i]
>>>She's discovering new dinos one by one... :lol:

VA46: Yada, yada, yada.
VA47: Velociraptors, the killers…
[i]VA48: Get away! Shoe!
VA49: Oh no... Oh god, no...
VA50: DIE! Why don't you DIE!![/i]
VA51: Oh that’s not good.  That’s not good!  I’m not gonna make it back from here, am I?
VA52: Oh no, nothing’s that big!
VA53: She’s beautiful!
>>>More new dinos.. and some perilous situations with them to boot.

[i]VA54: Uck, nerd![/i]
>>>Haha :lol: this is probably in reference to the newly discovered poster in the first tool shack, IMO.

VA55: This is where they died.
VA56: All those men.
[i]VA57: Some kind of boardcast set-up... No use, now.
VA58: Hammond never mentioned a fire... I wonder how it started?
VA59: Technical. Must have had a cell modem.[/i]
>>>Aha!!! New Hunters Camp voiceovers, excellent. And they are quite obviously in reference to TLW film. Hammond didn't mention the fire because Nick Van Owen's sabotage directive was [i]from him[/i] and kept secret. Awesome. And... What's a cell modem? I don't think they had cellphones much in 1997, did they? Could this be intended to be the modem used to take the satellite codes for the CRAY system? I was thinking, perhaps the puzzle was that she used the modem to get access to the computer data, and she could use it to access "all that data" after she got back home. 8) Almost like an optional game achievement.

VA60: Well, they certainly were serious about their monorail.
VA61: Radio, phone, can with a string?
VA62: I was in high school then.
VA63: Now THAT is an incredible smell.
VA64: N/A
VA65: Beautiful… Spanish colonial.
VA66: It’s like the Learning Channel.
VA67: It’s coffee gold, slaver gold.
VA68: What’s that?!
VA69: I can smell the ocean.
>>No new VOs here.. (too bad VA64 is still missing :(), buuuut... This sounds like Plantation House material to me. Also, oddly enough, sounds a bit like PV material, being near the ocean, but there are no other PV references here. Still, the PH is near the yacht beach, so I guess that works.. My tracing of Hammond's Shortcut suggests that you'd come to the tall tree just north of the yacht beach. So, she should have already passed the ocean, by the time of reaching that house... Hmm.

VA71: I rode south along the coast, bus stations in the early morning, eating vending machine food in the fluorescent light.
VA72: Stepping out of the bus in Mexico City, I shouldered my knapsack, felt the heat wash over me.
VA73: It was good to be alone, to be nobody for awhile.
[i]VA74: At least it's good for my complexion.[/i]
VA75: Now this is truly revolting.
>>>Ehhh? I really don't know. Is there some kind of wild herb she might have found, that would help her face? Or some water, or something..

VA100: Nothing here. Bet you Hammond’s the one who has all the fun satellite phones.
VA101: How did they get their electricity? They must’ve had a generator...
VA102: "¡No moriré por InGen! (means "I won't die for InGen!")"  Huh, maybe you already have.
[i]VA103: WHAT? You want a piece of me?!
VA104: I've got a golf club...!
VA105: I've got a cricket bat...!
VA106: I've got a crokay mallet...![/i]
VA107: This place is dead.
>>>LMFAO!!! XD This is the best part. :lol: Reminds me of machf's plan to build a level featuring Tres-physics sports. But yes, these all seem to be within the town. Perhaps this would have been around that InGen baseball diamond... Sounds like Burroughs had quite a few things to keep the residents occupied.

VA119: Now we’re getting somewhere.
VA120: N/A
[i]VA121: Password... Passwoord... 71051.[/i]
>>>This comes just before the Plains voiceovers. I have long suspected the gate which uses a purple keycard was meant to have a passcode, such as in VH48: "We sealed the eastern gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple mnemonic for the passcode. Like Nedry, I felt I needed to keep a backdoor open." Maybe here, Anne has just figured out how to know the passcode, based on a tune she hears? Hmm.

VA122: I was really hoping that wasn’t gonna happen.
VA123: Wow, must be a mile across, at least a $6.50 cab ride.
[i]VA124: He might have one of those radio collars. Let's hope they use the same batteries in all of their little toys.[/i]
>>>Awesome. The radio collars. VH36: "We tagged the most dangerous animals with radio collars that transmitted a warning signal, and workmen carried little boxes that played a tone when a tagged animal came near - at which point, they would panic and flee in terror." Now in the Plains, Anne actually has to kill one of the dinosaurs which has a radio collar, remove the battery from the collar, and use it to power up something! :| Perhaps Albertosaurus?

[i]VA125: "Remotely Operated"... That explains the remotely controlled thing. So! I just need a battery.
VA126: "Remotely Operated"... I need some kind of control device.[/i]
>>>I believe these are alternate voiceovers for finding the same device which is marked as "Remotely Operated". If she finds the remote control device first, and then comes here, VA125 plays. Otherwise, she still needs to find it, and VA126 plays instead. Easy fireexpression check... What's the remote control device? Perhaps, being a small InGen device, it is what also uses the radio collar batteries. In fact, I'm willing to bet so. What did it control? From the interviews we've seen, I'm betting something on the dam, but what? How does it relate to the control building we have there in both builds?

VA127: Not much cover, have to use the trees.
VA128: Dear diary, hunting dinosaurs on strange island, little chance of escape. Um, weather fine. Well, more news later, Anne.
[i]VA129: That black crest... Some kind of species varriant. DNA from a different period, or.. another continent.
VA130: Ahh, no collars... I need one of the old ones. One of the ones Hammond made.[/i]
VA131: Meanwhile, somewhere in the Pacific…
>>>Still in the Plains. Very interesting! I do wonder what the black-crested dino is, and whether the rest of the dino was partially black. Sounds damn scary to me. As for "one of the old ones," I believe this is clearly a reference to the [i]original[/i] dinosaurs which Hammond cloned, which will be older by now than the ones which were bred on this island. Only the original dinos will have radio collars. So, this VO plays after she figures out that she needs the battery, but has inspected a slain dino which does not have a collar. I'm willing to bet she needs to kill the black-crested dino to get the battery. What the hell is it??? Dilophosaurus? Or perhaps an albertosaur with a black crest?

VA132: Well don’t just lie there! GET HELP!
VA133: Cool in here, some kind of storage…
VA134: They're just cows… Just big cows!
[i]VA135: Must be the big one.[/i]
VA136: God she’s big.
VA137: She’s on to me.
VA138: Come on!
VA139: Finish it, Anne!
VA140: Fall, damn you!
VA141: Come on, fall!
>>>Wow. This is truly epic. Still don't know what that cold storage is about, being in the Plains... But here she's decided that "the big one" must be the one she needs to kill to get the collar. That's pretty awesome. Aaaand, this animal proves very, very difficult to bring down. I'm betting it had different "stages" of health - there might be a trigger to regenerate it FOUR times, before it finally dies for good. This could be the first boss of the game.

VA142: Oh God.
[i]VA143: "Greenwood, Harold. USMC." Looks like it came from a novelty shop.[/i]
VA144: He must have been scared. He was wounded, he crawled in here, maybe losing blood. Guess he thought it was safe.
VA145: Not until now.
>>>I can't believe it. These are all certainly about Greenwood. She finds him (still in the dam penstock?), saying that he thought it was safe, but obviously wasn't - until she shows up :lol: If you remember VH161: "Greenwood carried some sort of electronic device which we're told he built himself based on plans that he.. heh.. "found on the Internet."" Sounds like Anne has found it and reads his name on it, which indicates he is from the United States Marine Corps. :| VH159: "I first met Harold Greenwood in 1992. He was an American, introduced to me as a former Green Beret. He asked a number of questions about the disposition of the InGen technology." VH160: "Harry.. claimed to be friend of my former son-in-law. I liked him! He was confident and dashing." This highly suggests to me that Harold was a US military plant sent to spy on them. The device is probably an old CIA invention of some kind, maybe used for communicating. I wonder what it looked like!!! And, yet another possible suggestion of a modem..

VA146: A forest like this, you could just walk forever and never come back.
VA147: Ahhh, the great white hunter.
VA148: These must run back to the town on one end.
VA149: Oh great! Another dead guy.
VA150: Must be out of darts..
VA151: I can’t believe I just did that.
>>>As a note, I think this is definitely PV, here. Which means there's supposed to be a tranq gun somewhere in here - which starts out being empty.

[i]VA152: Two at least.
VA153: One in front.[/i]
VA154: Keep it together girl.
>>>Apparently she's running into some raptor-pack troubles in PV. Scary.. Maybe this is around that Mayan thing?

[i]VA155: LOOKS like it might still work...
VA156: Comes out of the ground here...
VA157: ...goes into the ground here.
VA158: The steam turns the turbine to produce electricity.[/i]
VA159: Toh, niiice! ..Can I take this?
[i]VA160: Ow! Ow! OW! Hot!
VA161: Control room. Looks pretty intact...
VA162: "Don't try this at home"...
VA163: Nnnnothing.
VA164: Still nothing...[/i]
VA165: N/A
VA166: Ha! I’m a genius!
>>>Seems to be that all this is Anne getting the geo plant to work again. Makes sense - you really DO have to be a genius, to figure that thing out :lol: Fun that she makes so many comments along the way. Will be fun to restore these VOs.

[i]VA167: This used to be powered. Looks dead now...
VA168: Combo lock. OR it takes a card.[/i]
>>>Interesting. Things further down in PV which require power. I'm betting the first thing is a bridge, and the second is the gate to the harbor.

VA176: Bang, laboratory, gotcha. That’s gotta be what I need.
[i]VA177: All through the 80s, they were out here in the rain, keeping their secrets...[/i]
VA178: ..place looks mostly intact…
>>>In the lab now. Not much to say about this new one, dunno why it was removed..

VA192: It’s cold in here.
VA193: This is where he did it.
VA194: OK, Plan B.
VA195: Anne the safecracker!
[i]VA196: Okay. Weight corresponds to capacitance.
VA197: There must be a way to work it out. I know the blue one is seventy-five.[/i]
>>>In the computer building. It's kept cold, now that the power is restored, as part of keeping the computer from over-heating while it's running, I assume. As I've said once before, she puts her palm onto the scanner, and it's rejected, so she has to make a new plan. She probably finds a tool to pry off the metal board hiding the capacitor slot array. "Anne the safecracker!" Then she needs to figure out the capacitors. I guess she feels that the blue one is heaviest? Or was the blue one already in place? I don't recall the heaviest one atm... but something like that.

VA207: Warning: Mountain dangerously high.
[i]VA208: Okaaay... You wanna take me on?[/i]
VA209: I do not get vertigo.  I.. DO NOT get vertigo.
VA210: Come on then, who’s first?
VA211: This is crazy!
>>>She's now scaling Mt. Watson, facing some pretty tough C Tribe raptors. And they just keep coming.. it's crazy!

[i]VA212: But they screwed it up, didn't they? Too many men, too many machines.[/i]
>>>Love this one. Too many people in one place and too many machines just about explains all the worst problems humanity faces. But anyway! I suspect she's just read a promotional sign or something, which says something like "InGen: We're Making The Future", etc.

VA215: Must be forty degrees up here.
[i]VA216: It must be somewhere on the... whatever... Rimmy-thing, the.. Caldera.[/i]
VA217: Looks like the rim collapsed a little.
>>>Aha. So the rim is probably the actual rim of the volcano. And uh, sounds like she's found something on the hike up the mountain which says that the Comm. Station is not far away, and she supposes that it's in the mountain's caldera. The collapsed part might be the open section where the elevator lift goes up.

==General==
[i]ANNEGENERAL5: Just think. What are the givens, here...[/i]
[i]ANNEGENERAL6: *spitz sound* Okay. That didn't work.[/i]
>>>Random stuff. Dunno. The second one has an interesting sound at the start. Sounds like she tried to hotwire a car or something.

==Use==
ANNEGET2: N/A
>>>No clue.

==Get Gun==
[i]AnneGetGun1: Ohhh... Ready to rock. ...Anne, you never even held a gun. 'Cept dad's. On a dare.[/i]
>>> :lol:

==Idle==
AnneIdle3: N/A
>>>Probably was humming another tune, which is copyrighted, or something.

==Use==
[i]AnneUse1: Uhhh... no battery.
AnneUse2: I'm REALLY going to need to find a battery, here.[/i]
>>>Needing to find collar batteries. 8) Useful. She obviously does a lot of searching before she figures out it has to be that one big one.

[i]AnneUse3: Yaaayy... Scary toy clown.[/i]
>>>LMAO! WTF XD

HAMMOND

==Voice-Overs==

VH1: By 1989, International Genetic Technologies had succeeded in their design - to genetically recreate the dinosaurs. It was an unprecedented accomplishment - the pinnacle of 20th century science. A work to rank with the achievements of Galileo or Einstein. But it was not all so easy or so simple as it appeared. One seldom hears the true history of such events. What happened at the place where the world changed. How it began. What were the reasons. What was the cost.[/quote]

[quote]>>>Wow, long VO. And doesn't have much place in the game. I'm sure that's why it was removed.

VH37: By 1987, the first of them reached full size… The ecosystem from another era began to reassert itself.
VH38: The raptor padded in towards sundown. It drank nervously, careful of the dangers of the Jurassic waterhole.
[i]VH39: Several hours later we discovered that it had come in through the sewage pipes[/i]
VH40: For four months we monitored it while it preyed on herds in the southern forest. We never knew why it grew so large. In the summer of 1988, it began moving north.
>>>This new one sounds a bit off. Why mention that it came in through the sewers? And what sorts of terrible things happened when it did? Perhaps this is to give a suggestion for one way that Anne can enter the town.

VH81: A failed coffee plantation of the 1860s. Fields were marked out by stone walls, and to the west, the ruins of the plantation house still stand.
[i]VH82: We took a shortcut south to reach the site, west along the stream, until a tall tree shows itself with a cluster of boulders at its base.
VH83: Then walked northward, until the path appears.[/i]
>>>The Plantation House of course. It's pretty cool and describes the entire area around it. But, the directions he give do not quite match where the PH is, in my mind. The stream he mentions makes most sense to be the one which goes down through the [i]hidden valley[/i], but that one is flowing southward, not westward. :? I love this idea of a tall

[i]VH84: The power station was situated on the western coast. Residences were southeast and inland.[/i]
VH85: Some of my… personal papers had been transferred to diskette.
VH86: The Albertosaurs took to the open fields like lions to the Serengeti.
[i]VH87: The battery would last at least 20 years and wear like iron.[/i]
VH88: The pylons ran for kilometers, one every.. hundred meters or so. I built them to last. Running east from the plant, they climbed the valley before descending south into the plains.
[i]VH89: The tank of greenish water tinted by algea kiling chemicals circulated through the massive cooling tower. This reservior was filled from a pump in the valley some ways away.[/i]
VH90: The main harbor for Site B.
>>>Very interesting. Does the battery comment reference the geo plant, or the batteries in the collars? A reference to the albertosaur comes right before it, which supports my idea that it is a black-crested alberto which Anne must subdue to get a collar. And then, VH84 & 89 of course about the geo plant.

~~~~~~~

And that's it for now! Let's see how many other theories etc. are out there.[/quote]

[quote]"VA129: That black crest... Some kind of species varriant. DNA from a different period, or.. another continent.[/quote]
[quote]Maybe a carnotaurus? Sometimes the horns appear to be crest-like. Or maybe an allosaurus, I've noticed that sometimes they appear to have crests in some art. The whole species variant ordeal might just show that Anne isn't very dino-smart. Black... I agree that its probably just meant to appear menacing.[/quote]

[quote]Yeah. What allosaurs have crests? There is an object in IJ3 called "AllyEncounterPivot-00" or something, and I've always believed that it suggested the Albertosaurus was at first going to be an Allosaurus. So.. maybe something like that.. And anyway, if there is an allo-variant like that, I'll bet there could easily be an alberto-one, BUT I suspect the writer of Trespasser knew what he was talking about (got it from somewhere).[/quote]

[quote]And Albertosaurus would be Alberto, not Alberta, but that's what it is in Tres :P And Triceratops wouldbe Tric, but it's Trike. Dino names get changed a bit when in short-hand. ;)

I think Allosaurus is actually MUCH more simple an explanation than trying to justify that an "ally" human of any sort was ever actually put into a level file. There's no evidense whatsoever that "other humans" went beyond the early concept phase - I think the voiceovers would reflect it if it lasted longer than that. If you go back far enough, they didn't even want to make it a JP game :lol: Add to that, there IS an Alberto nearby. We'll never know, of course..

EDIT: Ah thanks Mick :P I think most likely, the interview you are thinking of serves as evidense that the devs did not make a clear verbal distinction between Alberto and Allo, probably since everyone has heard about Allosaurus but not many Alberto.. (I certainly hadn't, before Tres, of course now I pay more attention)[/quote]

[quote]The crest could also belong to a Crylophosaurus[/quote]

[quote]Lmao, thanks Sam :P

I have some new analysis regarding a slew of Anne voiceovers, in light of the discoveries about PH. Going to start from the beginning and work up to "IJ", which I'm actually going to call JU.

VA1: Oh God, this can't be happening, we hit the water like...  Marquez?  Marquez!  *sigh* Where am I?
VA2: It is beautiful here, must be one of the offshore islands, Cocos, one of the Cinco Muertes maybe.
VA3: N/A
VA4: A foundation, maybe.
VA5: Dear diary. Plane has crashed on deserted island. Will die a lonely death. Well, I gotta go. Anne.
VA6: InGen, some kind of... wait. International Genetic Technologies...
VA7: ...that was the company from the dinosaur trial! After the trail that old guy, John Hammond, wrote a book.  He said it was somewhere in Central America...
VA8: Oh no.. Oh God!  This is Site B, this is John Hammond's lost world.

>>Beach. Up to this point, Anne has woken up on the shore, gone inland a bit, found the remains of contruction on the hotel for visiting scientists and businessmen, and found the sign which makes her realize where she is. No dinosaurs yet.

VA9: I knew all along this was a stupid idea.
VA10: There must have been something in the memoir.
VA11: Hammond, right.
VA12: Oh God, something like thirty people died here.  Professional hunter types, mercenaries...

>>Some kind of memento mori (reminder of death, or "remember you must die" in Latin) has just come up, but not a clear discovery of hunter activity, yet. Maybe a single skull, or something..

VA13: Maybe, maybe if there's a phone line or a radio...
VA14: "No trespassing." Thanks.

>>Industrial Jungle. She finds the construction facility. Perhaps the wall around the monorail station is in fact the entrance?

VA15: Oh God, someone's gotta come get me!
VA16: "Welcome to the City of Tomorrow."

>>The construction facility is littered with rotting materials, tools, and equipment, obviously having once been intended to be the materials for building a grand design.. Anne has yet to run into ANY dinosaurs yet, though. No brahios on the beach.

VA17: This was the place, this used to be just an urban myth.
VA18: Who do they think they're keeping out?
VA19: I wonder what they left here...
VA20: Try weird psycho old guy.
VA21: I was a freshman when they had the first rumors.  We watched it on the TV news in the common room.  Drinking cocoa from the kitchen. I said it would be nothing... just another cold fusion.
VA22: This has to go somewhere...
VA23: Yeah, yeah, bill me.

>>She breaks something big :lol:

VA24: No dinosaurs in here... I guess this was just construction. The real facility could be MILES away.

>>STILL no dinosaurs. Seems like, when the physics of the game were planned, the first portion of Trespasser was going to be all about physical puzzling. It's the same sort of build-up I've seen in many successful games.

VA25: DAMNIT! Okay, oh god. Calm down.
VA26: A phone, oh thank God.
VA27: SSSHUT UP!
VA28: PHONE! DIE!

>>Somewhere in this mess of construction and facilities is a phone. Doesn't make sense to be out in the middle of things like in retail.. I wonder what kind of building (or something) it could have gone with.

VA29: This is like hiking in the woods behind my house. We used to pretend we were on a spy mission...
VA30: Three toes.

>>Aha. The first sign of a dinosaur. Skeleton, perhaps? Nono! FOOTPRINT!

VA31: Looks like it ran off the trail for some reason...
VA32: What happened here?
VA33: Oh my...
VA34: YOU saw what happened, didn't you...

>>First major encounter with hunter remains.

VA35: He's right, this is what they must have faced. Endless wilderness... Total mystery.
VA36: Ah, this sucks!
VA37: Those dots in the north...

>>She spies the enourmous power pylons from afar. Wow.

VA38: Sun's in the West... I think... Which means that moutain I saw from the beach must be North.
VA39: Hello? Marquez? Are you there? Esta Alli?

>>I'm guessing maybe she has found the actual wreck of her plane..

VA40: Orchids!
VA41: This isn't supposed to happen. This... I graduated Suma! This should be happenng to a... policeman, or a... ninja.
VA42: Oh man... He really did it.
VA43: Oh man... He really did it.
VA44: Okay, okay, shh, shh!  Sleepy dinosaur.

>>This [i]seems[/i] to be her first dinosaur encounter...! And it's asleep. Also it does not seem to be a carnivore - or she'd probably not be taking the time to say this.

VA45: Tr.. Triceratops, right? ...They don't know their names...

>>Second dinosaur.. Was the first a stego? Maybe another trike?

VA46: Yada, yada, yada.
VA47: Velociraptors, the killers...

>>First encounter with a RAPTOR. Seems pretty far into [i]IJ[/i] - she'll have been able to find weapons by now from someplace where the workers kept them.

VA48: Get away! Shoe!

>>With only a little ammo at first, she needs to use it in keeping raptors at bay, rather than slaughtering the island...

VA49: Oh no... Oh god, no...
VA50: DIE! Why don't you DIE!!

>>Some dino she met didn't feel like running away, and keeps limping towards her. High hitpoints. Maybe just a bit Tribe A raptor?

VA51: Oh that's not good.  That's not good!  I'm not gonna make it back from here, am I?
VA52: Oh no, nothing's that big!

>>First encounter with a Brachio...

VA53: She's beautiful!
VA54: Uck, nerd!

>>Still in IJ it seems. This is surely the HOT poster, in a construction shack or something, somewhere.

VA55: This is where they died.
VA56: All those men.
VA57: Some kind of boardcast set-up... No use, now.
VA58: Hammond never mentioned a fire... I wonder how it started?

>>The Hunters Camp. Also where Plantation House begins?

VA59: N/A
VA60: Well, they certainly were serious about their monorail.

>>She comes upon some vista showing an extreme length of monorail extending far away..

VA61: Radio, phone, can with a string?
VA62: I was in high school then.

>>I'd like to say it's the date for the opening of the Atherton Causeway, but she should have encountered that at the beginning of this level...? Not sure how it would be in PH..

VA63: Now THAT is an incredible smell.
VA64: Technical. Must have had a cell modem.
VA65: Beautiful... Spanish colonial.
VA66: It's like the Learning Channel.
VA67: It's coffee gold, slaver gold.

>>Well she's definitely at the house, now.

VA68: What's that?!
VA69: I can smell the ocean.

>>The West beach. I wonder what was there.

VA70: Whatever.
VA71: I rode south along the coast, bus stations in the early morning, eating vending machine food in the fluorescent light.
VA72: Stepping out of the bus in Mexico City, I shouldered my knapsack, felt the heat wash over me.
VA73: It was good to be alone, to be nobody for awhile.

>>Aha, these go to that vocanic-rock waterfall in retail/beta JR. Seems it did go in PH.

VA74: At least it's good for my complexion.

>>Haha, what, did she eat some coffee plants or something? I didn't know it was good for one's complexion..

VA75: Now this is truly revolting.
VA76: They're probably out drinking right now... Anne? Anne who.
VA77: Power lines, now that's what I'm looking for.

>>Oh, she's now in IJ3, meaning in our case some distance already into Jungle (JU), which I believe by the name was meant to be an especially thick region of foliage compared to the fields of PH or the construction-demolished IJ. Especially dangerous for dino encounters - difficulty level increases. Hmmmmm....

Oh and I have just a few new analyses of Hammond's. The order of his voiceovers do not follow gameplay so closely, but there are some hints about things..

VH48: We sealed the eastern gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple mnemonic for the passcode. Like Nedry, I felt I needed to keep a backdoor open.

>>I believe this suggests that, separate from the other rotations discussed, this could mean the entire town was rotated (Sam may have noted this). If the gate next to Hammond's House (given the same town arrangement) was the East Gate, that would make sense because then, anyone coming to the town from the road which leads from PV (through PL) would then see the same view that we do when entering the town in retail/beta. It also means that the player would indeed enter from the West Gate (that gate off by the corner, where Sam's new roads are, would then become the sealed West Gate ;)). It's hard to say if this was really intended or not, though. They could have simply had a different arrangement of the town.. Oh and, since the passcode is for getting OUT of the town, I think the way IN was probably in fact the sewer pipe, It's just that.. I don't think it would be so obvious as it is now. We'll have to think about that.

VH58: As I journeyed south along the coast, the air grew moist and heavy. Metal and concrete lay rotting in the sun and the rain.

>>I believe this is for IJ (what is now JR). That beach, now called the Yatch Beach, seems to have once been much bigger AND the "yatch objects" in build 96 are just placed there with no thought, basically, as if they were just going to get to it later. I believe the true yatch beach was in PH, and this beach in IJ is what Hammond describes here, with rotting construction materials. Of course, this could also be the starting beach, with the hotel foundations, but anyway, this gives a "purpose" to that beach. It could also be where Hammond looked out on trackless ocean, down past Peru, all the way to Antarctica. Anyway, any ideas?

VH59: 1981. I stumbled out of the helicopter already beginning to sweat and looked around at the lush forest... the wet leaves.
VH60: I stood on the lip of the cliff, the wind blowing my hair. It might have been a morning in the early Jurassic.
VH61: The jungle canopy hung over us, there was an utter silence. Far away I could here a jeep engine idling.
VH64: The forest smelled of wet leaves and damp earth, rotting wood.

>>I believe these three are for the dense jungles of JU. Trying to make the player "feel" this jungle around them more closely. This level is meant to feel very primal, I think. Of course, there's going to be a little bit of construction with the power pylons..

VH62: In the winter we began building the supports for the elevated transit system that would unify the island. Concrete towers rose through the jungle canopy.

>>As a note here... This visual is pretty cool. In the resulting game, the monorail is actually much shorter than most of the foliage. But this gives the impression that it is actually HIGHER than the canopy! :| Quite a sight, and that would also be pretty treacherous to walk along. They were certainly serious about their monorail...[/quote]

[quote]LMFAO! I never even realized that Italic looks like Italy. I wonder what the relation is.

EDIT: New theory on where PH voiceovers begin. I think that "Uck, Nerd!" voice could come in a wood shack that is somewhere in PH along the eastern edge, where the monorails would be continuing on towards the town. In that case, the PH voiceovers could begin as early as VA35 ([i]He's right, this is what they must have faced. Endless wilderness... Total mystery.[/i]), meaning NO dinosaur encounters in IJ and also that things like her own crashed plane might be in PH. It doesn't make sense for her to be able to see the power pylons from [i]IJ[/i] (JR), anyway.[/quote]

[quote]A new note: I was just reading the Walkthrough book while on the pot :lol: It actually puts voiceovers in between descriptions, in about the places where they occur, and according to this, these three voiceovers play soon after each other in IJ soon after the hunter's unimog:

[b]Hammond:[/b] [i]I spared no expense, permitted no failures.[/i]

[b]Hammond:[/b] [i]By 1983, we held 13 new patents.[/i]

[b]Anne:[/b] [i]I was in high school then.[/i]

So earlier, I was wondering what Anne saw when she said that she was in high school then. Turns out, like a few other things, that she is actually replying to something Hammond says. Since my analysis indicates that the Anne voiceover here goes in [i]IJ[/i] (JR), that's where you'll find at least those last two in Tres Reloaded. Exactly where? Dunno yet.[/quote][/quote]
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Build 96 TresPasserAudio Files (From Tresgame)

Post by Hilwo »

Interesting to read all these theories :)

About this one:
"We sealed the eastern gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple mnemonic for the passcode. Like Nedry, I felt I needed to keep a backdoor open."

I always thought this one was meant to be for the lab, of course that makes no sense at all.
Kind of strange though that Hammond would mention he needed a backdoor as well, when
players only find out about Nedry's backdoor in the next level.

About these:
VA139: Finish it, Anne!
VA140: Fall, damn you!
VA141: Come on, fall!

Before we got the beta, I always assumed she was trying to lower the draw bridge of the
geothermal plant.

About these:
VA144: He must have been scared. He was wounded, he crawled in here, maybe losing blood. Guess he thought it was safe.

I like the idea how he now mentions that it wasn't safe until now. But I also like how it was
used as a reply to Hammond's "InGen tolerates no trespassers."
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:About these:

I like the idea how he now mentions that it wasn't safe until now. But I also like how it was
used as a reply to Hammond's "InGen tolerates no trespassers."
Since we got the beta I've been wonder if it was meant to be in the dam in the beginning, looking in the beta, the body of HG isn't placed, and then looking in the VO list (We do know that the order of the VO almost is in the order as the levels) it seems that it was meant to be in PV, or plains (not in the dam)

And another thing about the VO

VA124: He might have one of those radio collars. Let's hope they use the same batteries in all of their little toys.
VA125: "Remotely Operated"... That explains the remotely controlled thing. So! I just need a battery.
VA126: "Remotely Operated"... I need some kind of control device.

It seems like these was before PV, maybe in plains. I know that the battery is used in a picture in the LAB, but what if this wasn't it's place to be (Since they removed it).

VA110: This thing needs a passcode, must be written down somewhere.

Draco told me that he thought that IT was used to have keypads insted of keycards!

VA121: Password... Passwoord... 71051.
VA122: I was really hoping that wasn't gonna happen.

This has to be at the end of the town, the passwork "71051" isn't used ingame right? Remember:
VH48: We sealed the eastern gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple mnemonic for the passcode. Like Nedry, I felt I needed to keep a backdoor open.
VH55: The InGen hunting party carried the pass codes for our perimeter fenses.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Basically tatu, I agree that what you've said are valid theories. :)
Are the batteries those weird things in TestScene, maybe?
71051 could just be a random number she makes up, and when the player enters it, the door or whatever locks up, which is what she was hoping wouldn't happen?

With the Nedry/Hammond order, it could be that the Nedry backdoor was planned to go elsewhere? Or, it could be a hint to the player about a backdoor which would help them escape, incase they got stuck in LAB? Just an idea.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
tatu

Post by tatu »

LtSten wrote:Basically tatu, I agree that what you've said are valid theories. :)
71051 could just be a random number she makes up, and when the player enters it, the door or whatever locks up, which is what she was hoping wouldn't happen?

With the Nedry/Hammond order, it could be that the Nedry backdoor was planned to go elsewhere? Or, it could be a hint to the player about a backdoor which would help them escape, incase they got stuck in LAB? Just an idea.
Yes, the batteries are in TestScene.

Since the voiceover with 71051 is just in the build 96 TPA I think it's possible that it was for a gate! And maybe, the code didn't work, since in one voiceover Hammond say:
VH49: As we left, we vandalized our own locking mechanisms. InGen tolerates no trespassers.
I think Draco's right that for those who dosent know, remeber that the gate to the plains uses the purple keycard! Right, but in build 96 the gate where you start also uses a purple card!

Also, the card is scripted!! So it can open the gate.
Btw, the name of the triggers to open both purple gates are "Trig_PURKey1Door2Open-00" and "Trig_PURKey1Door5Open-00"

I do believe that There must be at least 4 or 5 gates that had purple card!

LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Ah yes, that would make more sense. :P
I think that having 4-5 gates that worked with the same keycard in the same level would be unlikely... It could be that the door number changed depending on the door, however they were not named in sequence with the colour... Like:

Trig_YELKey1Door1Open-00
Trig_PURKey1Door2Open-00
Trig_REDKey1Door3Open-00
Trig_YELKey1Door4Open-00
Trig_PURKey1Door5Open-00
Trig_BLUEKey1Door6Open-00

However it could be the purple used to open 5+ doors. :)
Constantly carrying around the same card seems a bit tedious for gameplay... Could be why it may have been scrapped, actually. :P Maybe this was before they decided to have lots of coloured keycards? *shrugs*
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
LtSten wrote:Basically tatu, I agree that what you've said are valid theories. :)
Yes, the batteries are in TestScene.
No, those are the capacitors from the lab puzzle to open the computer vault...
Also, the card is scripted!! So it can open the gate.
Btw, the name of the triggers to open both purple gates are "Trig_PURKey1Door2Open-00" and "Trig_PURKey1Door5Open-00"

I do believe that There must be at least 4 or 5 gates that had purple card!
That's interesting...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

So, when talking with Draco about these things yesterday I found out that IT was meant to have 2 purple card one time, looking at the 2 triggers at the front gate, where you start. There is 2 trigger for open the gates, and there is scripted for 2 purple cards!

Code: Select all

group Trig_PURKey1Door5Open-00 = {
    string Class = "CCollisionTrigger"
    string Element1 = "PCardSctyPUR00-01"
group Trig_PURKey2Door5Open-00 = {
string Class = "CCollisionTrigger"
string Element1 = "PCardSctyPUR00-02"
PCardSctyPUR00-02 doesn't exist in IT!

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:VA124: He might have one of those radio collars. Let's hope they use the same batteries in all of their little toys.
VA125: "Remotely Operated"... That explains the remotely controlled thing. So! I just need a battery.
VA126: "Remotely Operated"... I need some kind of control device.

It seems like these was before PV, maybe in plains. I know that the battery is used in a picture in the LAB, but what if this wasn't it's place to be (Since they removed it).
I seem to remember reading something about the plains level and the dam being in it.
Dinosaurs seeing you from great distance without the player having much cover. If I
remember correctly, the player needed some kind of component for the dam or some-
thing else in the level. Maybe the battery puzzle was meant for the plains.
tatu wrote:but in build 96 the gate where you start also uses a purple card! [...] Also, the card is scripted!! So it can open the gate.
That's interesting, thanks, didn't know this!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:

This has to be at the end of the town, the passwork "71051" isn't used ingame right?
I think this one was for the gate near the dam, to access Pine Valley... there's a voiceover that mentions that.

EDIT: Yep, VH102
A passcode let us control access to the valley and the power station beyond.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hilwo wrote:I seem to remember reading something about the plains level and the dam being in it.
Dinosaurs seeing you from great distance without the player having much cover. If I
remember correctly, the player needed some kind of component for the dam or some-
thing else in the level. Maybe the battery puzzle was meant for the plains.
Yeah. If you look at the Beta TPA analysis thread Tatu copied over for me, you'll see that we pretty much figured out all of what's supposed to go on in the Plains, with a few uncertain details..
machf wrote:
tatu wrote:

This has to be at the end of the town, the passwork "71051" isn't used ingame right?
I think this one was for the gate near the dam, to access Pine Valley... there's a voiceover that mentions that.

EDIT: Yep, VH102
A passcode let us control access to the valley and the power station beyond.
That might be it. I personally think it refers to this one though:
VH48: We sealed the eastern gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple mnemonic. Like Nedry, I felt like I had to keep backdoor open.

...Seeing as the password VO from Anne comes while she's in Hammond's house, before she gets into the Plains.

VA117: Secret compartment, ooo ahh..
VA118: Ha! This has got to be worth something.
VA119: Now we're getting somewhere.
VA120: N/A
VA123: Wow, must be a mile across, at least a $6.50 cab ride.

My theory is that starting up Hammond's computer played a little tune or something, which you can figure out from the sounds the keypad makes.. but who knows..
Someone want to record the sound of 71051 and see if it's familiar?