Beta info added to the website?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Beta info added to the website?

Post by Hilwo »

Will the "new" Para and beta weapons eventually be added to the weapons and dinos section of the Trescom website?
I only found that HK91 with drum magazine in Pine Valley a couple of days ago. I also know of the baton, are there
any other weapons I missed or can't remember right now? Not sure if the tooth counts as a weapon.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Beta info added to the website?

Post by RexHunter99 »

Hilwo wrote:Will the "new" Para and beta weapons eventually be added to the weapons and dinos section of the Trescom website?
I only found that HK91 with drum magazine in Pine Valley a couple of days ago. I also know of the baton, are there
any other weapons I missed or can't remember right now? Not sure if the tooth counts as a weapon.
I suppose the tooth would count as it is designed to do damage unlike some other makeshift weapons.
I think the beta weapons should be added to the listing under their own header so people who just peek in know those guns aren't in the retail. The beta para... I don't think since it seems more like a failed test and the fact that it doesn't even work 90% of the time.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by LtSten »

I agree with Rex, the extra weapons and guns in the beta should probably be added, however as long as it's clear that they aren't in the retail. As for the Para, it doesn't do anything, it's just like a plant, it's not really worth putting up, as it's not a dinosaur, as such.

There are other melee weapons in the section (like the bats), so I don't see how the tooth is any different?

Where abouts in the retail is the P45? Why's it in the weapons section? Does it exist in a basement I don't know about, or is it an unused texture? Don't recall seeing anything like it. :P
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

LtSten wrote:Where abouts in the retail is the P45? Why's it in the weapons section? Does it exist in a basement I don't know about, or is it an unused texture? Don't recall seeing anything like it. :P
It's located in the basement of JR but is not used ingame, it is on a early-beta pic.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

LtSten wrote:As for the Para, it doesn't do anything, it's just like a plant, it's not really worth putting up, as it's not a dinosaur, as such.
What do you mean? It's come after me more than once, and if I wasn't quick enough, it would kill me, even...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

It does? Never had it do anything. Ah well, bugs, bugs. :P
Also, thanks tatu, I'll check it out sometime.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

RexHunter99 wrote:
Hilwo wrote:Will the "new" Para and beta weapons eventually be added to the weapons and dinos section of the Trescom website?
I suppose the tooth would count as it is designed to do damage unlike some other makeshift weapons.
I think the beta weapons should be added to the listing under their own header so people who just peek in know those guns aren't in the retail. The beta para... I don't think since it seems more like a failed test and the fact that it doesn't even work 90% of the time.
The beta para is agressive and attacks upon sight in the town level. You can actually see it walking around in the beta Game engine only. You have to be in primary display mode to avoid the game crashing frequently. There seems to be a bug with the software renderer in build 96.

Due to how it's texture is based, it will be invisible in the retail engine. It will also still attempt to attack you btw. The attack and aggressiveness was hardwired into the beta para mesh's programming.

For those of you whom have never saw it in game, here's a picture:
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc35 ... taPara.png

Enjoy.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:
RexHunter99 wrote:
The beta para is agressive and attacks upon sight in the town level. You can actually see it walking around in the beta Game engine only. You have to be in primary display mode to avoid the game crashing frequently. There seems to be a bug with the software renderer in build 96.

Due to how it's texture is based, it will be invisible in the retail engine. It will also still attempt to attack you btw. The attack and aggressiveness was hardwired into the beta para mesh's programming.

For those of you whom have never saw it in game, here's a picture:
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc35 ... taPara.png

Enjoy.
The bug in the software renderer may be a bug in how Pre-Assigned-Vertices are processed, no solid idea about it though I'm afraid.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yes we're well aware of all those specifics thank you ;)
As Rex hints, the invisibility of the beta-para in build 116/7 seems to be because predefined-vertex-assignments were abandoned and eventually removed from the engine, and that para is using them, meaning the engine does not know how to position the mesh on the skeleton, which will walk around anyway.

Btw, here is the test level machf set up, which is an easy way to exprience the beta para (and does not crash with beta in software mode): viewtopic.php?p=90636#p90636