Message about inserting dics

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

HUNDOLOS
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Message about inserting dics

Post by HUNDOLOS »

I'll try to list every relevant thing about the problem.

I installed the beta onto a system with Windows 7. I tried the installation with and without compatibility modes, and with different settings (minimal, medium, full). I also tried running the game itself with and without compatibility settings (for Windows 98, XP and even Vista for some reason :P ). Every single time, I got a message that said "Insert the CD into C:\Program Files\DreamWorks Interactive\"

What I haven't tried is actually burning it to a disc and installing that way, simply because I have no software installed (yet) to do that with mdf/mds files (relatively new computer). So from all this info, what do you think could be the problem? Hope I was clear enough, but ask anything if you need to know more. Thanks for any help :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Message about inserting dics

Post by machf »

Copy the contents of the CD into a folder on your HDD, reinstall using setup95.exe instead of setup.exe, run using trespass.exe.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
HUNDOLOS
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: Message about inserting dics

Post by HUNDOLOS »

machf wrote:Copy the contents of the CD into a folder on your HDD, reinstall using setup95.exe instead of setup.exe, run using trespass.exe.
Thank you very much :)