GUIApp Discussion

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: GUIApp Discussion

Post by RexHunter99 »

It'd be less likely to crash on Vista because Vista seems capable of ignoring certain errors, I've made some samples of things and tested them on my PC (WinXp, 5 years old) a Vista machine only 2 years old and a Win7 Machine about 3 months old. I've gotten mixed so called stability, on my computer, it'd crash during a certain event in the program loop, in Vista, it seemed to either ignore it or simply not be affected by it, and Win7 was sporatic, it'd crash some times and not others.
Just because it isn't crashing doesn't mean there isn't a problem, you could be causing serious harm to your PC.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Some crashes is coused because we don't have the sourse. GUIApp often try to locate files from the Trespasser source folder.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

tatu wrote:Some crashes is coused because we don't have the sourse. GUIApp often try to locate files from the Trespasser source folder.
No it's not, those messages are just telling the Dev's what source-file the error was in, you have to remember that Trespasser would have had dozens of source files and headers, searching 7000-10000 line source files is tedious work, if you can narrow the error down to one source file, your work becomes a lot easier and faster.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!