GUIApp Discussion

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: GUIApp Discussion

Post by tatu »

Okey... seems like they added the dinos tscript like this:

As you can see they selected the once they wanted for the dinosaur. It's only the GUIApp_Final that don't got these description that the other version got. The Final even missing some of the scripts, like:
Vocal Ouch
Vocal Help
Vocal Howl
Vocal Dying
Test Head Cock
Test Head Orien
Test Wag Tail
Test Head Posit
Test Mouth

You can also notice that some option changed there emoticons. And what part of the body was needed to make the move.
And this is how the change the emoticons:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: GUIApp DebugLog errors etc..

Post by Draconisaurus »

Cool stuff tatu... You should show some of the others you found, pretty interesting. Especially Get Out... ;)
Rebel wrote:
The final release of GeomAdd is a bit odd, from what I've seen. It has a small extra button for exporting a named model from a target level as a GRF file.
Nope, it wasn't actually the final release, Drac. GeomAdd with the grf_export button was a bit before the last release and before Remdul and Andres worked out the .tpm format. Before that, the only solution Andres could come up with to move dinosaurs between levels was with the .grf export option. T'was used exclusively (and experimentally for a time) on the 1st tc level.
Ahhhhh. Well I wonder where Matt got it from. He seemed to think it was the latest version on *one* of the sites he was looking at. That's one of the reasons I'm in favor of a pre-packaged release like Trespasser CE, because the various places to find utilities are better off as archives than as a place to actually go and get your utilities.. They are not all "on the same page." I once had to send Mickey my own version of TresEd because his was lagging like hell on JPDS1, due to the fact that JPDS1 uses a terrain file called "IslaSornaNorth.wtd" (it was evident that TresEd was "looking" for JPDS1.wtd, which doesn't exist).
Doesn't seem fit to be their primary level editor
It serves its purpose to sniff out errors, export scene files, but you're right. As an editor, TresEd puts it to shame.
Argh. Yeah I just recently reacquainted myself with the fact that GUIApp can't save new GRF files. :? It has made tatu and I wonder if the retail SCN files are actually slightly different from their GRF files, meaning way may not be seeing "correct" object positions etc. in TresEd (and that the invalid SCNs resulting from retail modding would then of course not use that data).

One nice note, though. When keeping GUIApp open, tatu has been able to use it to immediately observe object height changes, as he corrects them in TresEd (with the funky TresEd-made terrain). Reb, that might actually come in handy for you, knowing one of your other projects..

On another note, does anyone know if we can use GUIApp to modify the Effects foley table?? I thought I remembered seeing a tool that was meant for that in a screenshot, long ago..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Don't think you can add anything to it, or save it back. And if you only removed entries, why would you want to save it back anyway?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well if what you say is true, then no, it doesn't sound too useful.. :? The hope would be to add sounds for new specific collisions.

Btw, I must ask, WTF is this: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3dac ... lae104.zip
What is the Trespasser Level Audio editor (TLAe)?
TLAe is a program that assists a person in modifying the audio and captions present in Dreamwork’s Trespasser: The Lost World computer game.

How does TLAe work?
TLAe uses a database to keep track of the audio assets for the Trespasser game. This database is included as a separate file (TTM.mdb) and when TLAe is installed a copy of the database is created (Userdata.mdb). Apart from a table containing the asset names that TRES has discovered, the database is otherwise empty.
To use TLAe the database must be filled. This is accomplished (by first timers) through the use of the “Load Audio TPA” command button. (Anyone really into changing the audio and captions will want to work on those items in an Audio Assets Directory.)
Once the database is filled, it can be browsed and individual (or groups of) WAV files can be extracted.
Hard-core enthusiasts can create an Audio Assets Directory (AAD) which contains the complete contents of a TPA file. There are four AADs, one for each TPA file used by Trespasser.
I thought we couldn't edit captions yet. There was someone asking for help in creating captions in another language for the game - why wasn't this pointed out to him?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Btw, I must ask, WTF is this: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3dac ... lae104.zip
lol where have you been? xD It Trespasser Level Audio Editor. I don't think that many have got it to work tho.

Quote from readme:
What is the Trespasser Level Audio editor (TLAe)?
TLAe is a program that assists a person in modifying the audio and captions present in Dreamwork’s Trespasser: The Lost World computer game.

How does TLAe work?
TLAe uses a database to keep track of the audio assets for the Trespasser game. This database is included as a separate file (TTM.mdb) and when TLAe is installed a copy of the database is created (Userdata.mdb). Apart from a table containing the asset names that TRES has discovered, the database is otherwise empty.
To use TLAe the database must be filled. This is accomplished (by first timers) through the use of the “Load Audio TPA” command button. (Anyone really into changing the audio and captions will want to work on those items in an Audio Assets Directory.)
Once the database is filled, it can be browsed and individual (or groups of) WAV files can be extracted.
Hard-core enthusiasts can create an Audio Assets Directory (AAD) which contains the complete contents of a TPA file. There are four AADs, one for each TPA file used by Trespasser.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu, I already quoted that :yum: I see what it says. How come no one ever mentions it, if it's so capable as it claims? ATM, I have no desire to edit subtitles, and it sounds like quite a deal to get it set up, which I'm not going to spend time on..
tatu

Post by tatu »

lol well I didn't notice that xD
As I said, I don't think many people got it to really work. It crash alot.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Image3

As you can see some are NOT READY. Seems like the script wasn't finished. I like the notw on Tail Swipe lol "Waiting for Andrew"

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah :yum: Tatu show the "Get Out" action!! I wish to discuss it here xP
tatu

Post by tatu »

:)

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu, I already quoted that :yum: I see what it says. How come no one ever mentions it, if it's so capable as it claims? ATM, I have no desire to edit subtitles, and it sounds like quite a deal to get it set up, which I'm not going to spend time on..
Because the version available gives an error when you try to run it...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Right. Now up to this point, we've assumed that ActGetOut was only meant to have dinosaurs stay away from and move out of those invisible, intangible AI boxes. But when reading this, and considering logically that visible objects have AI = true by default, we can see that this is in fact meant to help dinosaur avoid ANY obstacles in which they might become stuck. The ATX option to allow "dinos in buildings" turns OFF the ActGetOut action, meaning that dinosaurs may, as a result, be more prone to get stuck in regular objects. So, this needs to be addressed - the option in ATX should not be used in the majority of cases (in fact I can't think of a time when it would be a good idea to use it), as it is apparently a fundamental physics fix. Pathfinding is probably a function of AI which figures out where to go based on seen obstacles, and Get Out provides a fix by, perhaps, giving greater ability/importance for actually getting out of an AI-visible volume when inside (Pathfinding may only work for looking where to go next, which won't help if you can't move from the spot you're in now). So inotherwords, all dinos should have ActGetOut, whether you use AI boxes in your level or not.

As a note, I see the current T-Script Reference actually says this. I am sure it didn't used to - so thanks machf for fixing it. :yum:

EDIT:
machf wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu, I already quoted that :yum: I see what it says. How come no one ever mentions it, if it's so capable as it claims? ATM, I have no desire to edit subtitles, and it sounds like quite a deal to get it set up, which I'm not going to spend time on..
Because the version available gives an error when you try to run it...
:? Then why is it even up there in the Tools section (should be put elsewhere so as to not confuse folks trying to edit their audio files) - and were there ever alternate versions available?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Because it IS a tool and at some point it must have worked. Unfortunately, as you may know, TSOrd isn't around anymore to ask him to fix it or repost the older versions...
Just a few days ago I was asking Big Red if it would be worth trying to decompile the executable in order to rewrite the app (it's written in VB6), let's see if we can get anything out of it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I had a working version of tlae years back, if I recall Wajas was having a problem getting it to run and I posted up about it on the old trespasser secrets board.

I was if that's still archived somewhere. ..
Big Red
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Big Red »

Draconisaurus wrote:The ATX option to allow "dinos in buildings" turns OFF the ActGetOut action, meaning that dinosaurs may, as a result, be more prone to get stuck in regular objects.
Just to clarify, that hack only disables the AI boxes, not the get out dino act (makes the game ignore the "AI" string name). Was never really meant for serious use, just for easy fun with the default levels (well, I had fun anyway).
Trespasser ATX modification web site:
http://atx.trescom.org/
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha.. aha. Hmmm, that sounds equally dangerous haha. Yes okay I get it's just for fun, that's fine :P But yeah, if it actually does that, it can complicate AI in other ways. Some places have objects with bool AI = false, so that dinos are not interpreting so MANY things and thus have an easier time of making choices (mainly noticed this in the Lab - I think they must have tried putting raptors in at some point and then gave up). So the hack only affects an object if it lists AI? I figured out that non-visible, intangible objects seem to have AI = false by default, where as all visible (and I think all tangible) objects have AI = true by default..