Quicker Anne?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Quicker Anne?

Post by makairu »

Hmmm... mixed feelings, and I was just thinking of what I was going to do about this in Instinct too.

I personally am indifferent. :nerd:
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

hppav wrote:I personally hate it when you have a character that gets exhausted in 5 seconds and you have to wait 3 minute for them to recharge and just to make you angrier they throw you into the middle of a large open environment and place your goal about 10 miles down the road :sick:
That though is bad implementation of this technique. Usually it's the other way 'round. You recover rather quick. You then tend to also get items or artifacts of some kind which can boast your running time. Stalker for example had artifacts which allowed you to nearly sprint all day if required. But in the end it depends on the implementation. If the player gets annoyed then the implementation has to be checked for problems.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I think at least one of the tomb raiders was like that, whereas Laura could 'sprint' incredibly fast for a short period of time. In younger years, I use to jog n' run home from school (about 3 miles), so changing pace and/or speed without collapsing is entirely doable and in a game makes sense.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Rebel wrote:I think at least one of the tomb raiders was like that, whereas Laura could 'sprint' incredibly fast for a short period of time. In younger years, I use to jog n' run home from school (about 3 miles), so changing pace and/or speed without collapsing is entirely doable and in a game makes sense.
Were you lugging around 80+ kilograms of weaponry, food, medical supplies and weapons?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Ah, no. Just a few books. :D Point taken. ..
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:lol:

Another way games get around it is by having the player character be a super-human. I.E., Spartans and anyone wearing a nanosuit in Crysis. Though even Crysis has a stamina feature..
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Draconisaurus wrote::lol:

Another way games get around it is by having the player character be a super-human. I.E., Spartans and anyone wearing a nanosuit in Crysis. Though even Crysis has a stamina feature..
In Stalker they gave you various solutions. One had been the Exo-Suit which has servo-motors inside. That's similar to the suit one Japanese student once tested ( there is an image somewhere... he's holding a couple of concrete plates with his bare arms ). Another option is to ingest medications which stimulate your muscles for some time. Last solution are artifacts producing an anti-gravity field reducing the weight. A better solution is to not make the actor lugging around tons of weight to begin with. Good game mechanics do not require lots of luggage to carry around. That's the solution I go for in my game. Well... or another option is to misuse your dragon partners as pack donkeys... just don't burden too much on them, they might get pissed :P
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Well, I know it's not quite the same, but I've played Wolfquest (which is free!) which includes a stamina bar. When you stalk and trot, you don't loose energy, but when running, you loose energy (the speed it decreases is based on the stamina of the wolf)
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Wolfquest? Doesn't ring any bells. But you don't mean that old DOS game, this wolf simulation with one of the worst controls in history?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Dragonlord wrote:Well... or another option is to misuse your dragon partners as pack donkeys... just don't burden too much on them, they might get pissed :P
:lol: I use my AI followers in Fallout 3 to carry all of my stuff. Also, I think the therm is pack mule.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Nick3069 wrote:
Dragonlord wrote:Well... or another option is to misuse your dragon partners as pack donkeys... just don't burden too much on them, they might get pissed :P
:lol: I use my AI followers in Fallout 3 to carry all of my stuff. Also, I think the therm is pack mule.
Lol, I was a bit more fair and would trade off weapons based on their usefulness :P The great thing was that ammo didn't count towards your weight and usually groups of enemies had a weapon nearby that would pwn all of them (Behemoth's had the Fat-Man-Nuke-Launcher close by :P )
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Found it and checked it out. Nice idea but controls kill it all and the "head camera" gives you nausea :D
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

:P Games aren't simulations of reality people. Game design is all about making the game fun, not making it as realistic as possible. 'Course, realism is a factor which makes certain games fun, but it doesn't work for everything.

I personally like to be able to get around the game world at a speed, not having to wait for ages to get to where I want to go (of course, not crazy-fast like the first 3 Quake games, lol... that's insane). In real life, you can also push yourself above what you thought you could do.
Draconisaurus wrote:Perhaps there's something else going on. Note that we figured out Beta Anne is shorter than Retail Anne. This might have its own effect on speed, depending on how they did it..

Perhaps the beta's FOV is wider than the retails? A FOV of 90 degrees would make you look like you're moving way faster than with a FOV of, say, 75 deg..

Edit: WOW O_O 1399 posts?! How did that happen? One more to go... but seriously, I didn't think I'd posted that much at TresCom. :)
ImageImage
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Congrats on 1400 posts :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos