Trespasser Build 6?!?!!!

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Trespasser Build 6?!?!!!

Post by Draconisaurus »

I was talking to a certain developer tonight and look what he gave me!!!
http://www.box.net/shared/2jgtp5ru32
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Trespasser Build 6?!?!!!

Post by RexHunter99 »

R U SRS!? MUDKIPZ SRS!? 4 REAL SRS!?

EDIT:
Okay that was dumb :P I should have known what it was when you insisted on sleeping... *eats you* Mmm... Draco brains...

Now we know what 40,000 trees really means... but what a waste of space :P (btw it was a dead give away when TresEd booted up the level, I knew exactly what it was)
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

It would actually look nice if the cardboard cutouts didn't rotate like that. LOL oh wow.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

WHOW NICE :O lol

"waiting for precision head placement" I can see were that's coming from :D :lol:
Last edited by tatu on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Just going by the comments, I take it that this is a joke based on that "40,000 trees" that the Devs said Tres could render at a time involving the billboard objects :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yes Sam :P The level is called "BlackleysForest" :lol: Just wait till you see how much space is required to actually fit them :| I would never have guessed. And sadly the level won't load ingame for me.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I wonder how long it took to place all those trees...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

machf wrote:I wonder how long it took to place all those trees...
If they did it the Unreal Engine way, then not longer than painting a vegetation image in GIMP :P
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

"They" here is Drac... and I doubt it was done that way.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hahaha. I cloned 10 trees into a little uneven square pattern - then cloned 10 more to make that square more dense. Then I copied these 20 trees 3 times, rotating each group by a factor of 90 and creating a larger square, making for 80 trees. I continued to do this until there were something like 16,000+ trees, which took maybe 4 or 5 minutes. At this point, it was too difficult to select them all manually etc., so I moved this mass ontop of the landscape, dropped-to-terrain, and started making more group-clones. With a few positioning complications here and there, in 10-15 mins I had the whole landscape covered in somewhere around 38,000+ trees. I then figured out how many more were needed, selected that many, cloned them, and moved them to appropriate spots. 8)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guessed it was something like that... given that 40000=200x200, I'd have done it slightly different, sort of duplicating progressively (1, 2, 4, then 20, then 100, 200, 400, 800, then 4000, then 20000, and finally 40000).
You know you can select all instances of an object by SHIFT-clicking on one of them, right?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Should have saved this for Aprils Fools Day. I also want the 12 1/2 minutes of my life back that I spent to download it! :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:I guessed it was something like that... given that 40000=200x200, I'd have done it slightly different, sort of duplicating progressively (1, 2, 4, then 20, then 100, 200, 400, 800, then 4000, then 20000, and finally 40000).
You know you can select all instances of an object by SHIFT-clicking on one of them, right?
Yep I did end up having to do it that way at a few points. One of my mistakes was trying to populate the area around the starting point first (to be more non-prefab), and yes I was at first going to do it by 10s but it wasn't being dense enough in my original plan, so variation base ended up as 20.. Worked out in the end, anyway.
Rebel wrote:Should have saved this for Aprils Fools Day. I also want the 12 1/2 minutes of my life back that I spent to download it! :P
:lol: Yeah I was thinking of doing that, but 1) that's so far away, I wasn't sure how relevant it would be anymore.. I dunno even what things will be like in April 2) If it WERE on April Fool's, I'm sure none of you would have believed it even for a second ;)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Has anyone asked what they really meant with 40,000 trees? How the knew it eninge could handle it. Somehow they must have tested it.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I think they were boasting about "features" the engine didn't even have.

The normal Tres level contains 15,000 total objects. Trees, rocks, buildings, raptors, etc.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos