CHitSpang Class objects (From Tresgame)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

CHitSpang Class objects (From Tresgame)

Post by tatu »

tatu wrote:I also came across these, witch are a new class in tres called "CHitSpang"

There is 9 in total
FMFHitSpangSpark00-00
FMFHitSpangBloodcone00-00
FMFHitSpangChips00-00
FMFHitSpangWoodTrn00-00
FMFHitSpangWood01-00
FMFHitSpangGlass00-00
FMFHitSpangBlood00-00
FMFHitSpangGround00-00
FMFHitSpangDefault00-00

I believe Draco knows more about these. But its very interesting!
DracoAlphaX wrote:Well only a little bit more :P For some reason, most of them are EXTREMELY small. They must be completely microscopic in Max. Here is what they look like scaled up and in a nice little arrangement:

They appear to be meshes meant to represent collision impact "dust", which is what the particle rendering is for. It's possible CHitSpang was only needed until a particle system was created. I guess maybe they didn't think they could do particles at first?

Oh and the names: "FMFHitSpangDefault00-00"
F seems to mean Fixed. MF is thought to mean Muzzle Flash, which is quite odd here.. And then the rest of the name describes the specific object, which are actually a lot like the CParticle objects.

Also here is an example of script:

Code: Select all

group FMFHitSpangBloodcone00-00 = {
    string Class = "CHitSpang"
    bool Shadow = false
    int Normals = 2
    int SpangCount = 8
    float MinScale = 0.400000
    float MaxScale = 0.400000
    float Decay = -175.000000
    float ScaleLimit = 1.000000
    string A00 = "Dino"
    string A01 = "RAPT-HEAD"
    string A02 = "RAPT-TAIL"
    string A03 = "RAPT-BODY"
    string A04 = "TREX-BODY"
    string A05 = "TREX-TAIL"
    string A06 = "TREX-HEAD"
    string A07 = "TRIC-BODY"
    string A08 = "TRIC-TAIL"
    string A09 = "TRIC-HEAD"
}
We can see definitions of sound materials, as well as SCALE values (otherwise only seen to be manipulatable via ASA animation), and also a Count value! Hmmmmm.... I'll bet machf will have more to say about this.
Rexhunter99 wrote:WOAH! Aren't CHitSpang classes still in the retail executable? We should so get experimenting with those things!
Anyways I just discussed this image with Draco rather briefly:
See the burst of blood on the TRex? Proof that shot is not pre-rendered (or at least most of it isn't)
The hyper-realistic muzzle flash could simply be a by-product of the Dev's experimenting with their 24-bit capability, after all, Trespasser once worked solely with 24-bit images, but this ate up Graphics memory so fast they had to swap down to 8-bit palettes.
DracoAlphaX wrote:Excellent find, Rex. And yes, someone needs to experiment with getting them to work. These are in Lab - maybe they DO currently work in that level. Should try this in both 96 and 116d. Aaaaand I think someone like you should be the one to do it.
Slugger wrote:I'd like to point out that, at least in some of the Beta levels (can't recall off the top of my head) that the muzzle flashes are different from the retail. They looked more transparent, similar to those in that screenshot above.
Rexhunter99 wrote:
Slugger wrote:I'd like to point out that, at least in some of the Beta levels (can't recall off the top of my head) that the muzzle flashes are different from the retail. They looked more transparent, similar to those in that screenshot above.
Where as others had 8-bit textures and not their 24-bit counter-parts we meet in the retail ;)
DracoAlphaX wrote:MORE transparent? How do you mean, Slug? The ones in retail all use 24-bit (semi-transparent) textures.. Most of the beta seems to as well except that PV and I think 1 other level have 8-bit muzzle flashes.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."