How many & what levels? (From Tresgame)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

How many & what levels? (From Tresgame)

Post by tatu »

DracoAlphaX wrote:So it's come to my attention that we now have many possible level titles, and alternate names for the same levels. Here is the complete list AFAIK right now:

BE/BCH
JR
IJ
JU
JI
JI2
PH
IT/TO
PL
PV
LAB/IL
AS/ASC 1,2,3,4
SUM/SU

Now if you compress all the non-JR "J"s into one possible level, that makes 10-13 levels (with the 1 to 4 ascents). If there were just 2 ascents, that would make 11 levels... Sam, didn't you say something about 11 levels recently? (You could also compress the ascents into 1 level if you want to have both JI and JI2)
tatu wrote:This is really interesting! Hope we find out more about it. They might planned Tres to be this big, and that might be why it turned out that bad on its release, since the might cuted almost half of the game.
hppav wrote:One of the early previews the devs said the game had 11 levels, then later it was cut down to 9. Then, at release, that became 8 with the removal of PV.
DracoAlphaX wrote:Right, then.. Makes sense. So one of the first two removed levels was PH, and I guess the other could have been PL, if it survived that long..
tatu wrote:Draco, there is some folige texture that got LP in it;
*****LP***~JR***

Could the another level too?

Also HP is in some

*****HP***~JR***

Could this be something?
DracoAlphaX wrote:Nope nope - I believe LP = Low Poly (and MRLP = More Low Poly), which is supported by their polycounts. :P And HP = high poly.
tatu wrote:Okey^^
DracoAlphaX wrote:Okay, based on the convo with machf, I've drafted a new level order for now:

BE
IJ
PH
JU
TO
PL
PV
IL
AS
AS2
SU

Keep in mind that in this, IJ would be the pre-form of JR and JU would be the pre-form of IJ (based on where construction should really be going on).
tatu wrote:One new we planning to have is MV=Myan Villige
DracoAlphaX wrote:Mayan* lol yes. The idea I got was that I really want to par all the level names down to 2 characters, and AS2 was just sticking out like a sore thumb. So if we rename the one that is not really all that ascend-ent (AS), we can rename AS2 to AS, and rename AS to something relevant, which the best I could come up with was MV for Mayan Village (which is an abbreviation used in object names). It would then all look like this:

BE
IJ
PH
JU
TO
PL
PV
IL
MV
AS
SU
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."