LAB Beta - Analysis (From Tresgame)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

LAB Beta - Analysis (From Tresgame)

Post by tatu »

tatu wrote:I came across alot of voiceover while looking in the level:

These start at VA173 and ends on VA204, but these are missing: VA177-178, 181-184, 187-188, 191-193, 198.
Most of the missing are placed in the level except: 177, 182, 184, 188, 192, 193.
There is also a few VH voiceovers.

This must mean that they placed every voiceover that they would use in a level on a row and then placed them in the level.
DracoAlphaX wrote:Yeah! It's a very interesting find. Didn't you also find this in Ascent? And there are even what appear to be some of these in BE..
tatu wrote:Yeah I did, there is only one in BE tho, but there is 4 in AS2

Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: LAB Beta - Analysis (From Tresgame)

Post by Melber »

I recently came across an older article from a magazine. And I was captivated by the picture inside the lab with the raptor. :o
labjump.PNG
labjump.PNG (48.83 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

I remember seeing that one before. Both the raptor and Anne's hand (and gun) are static sadly.

The hand looks very similar to the one in this:

And the raptor like this one:

Nevertheless, one of these days I need to go through the articles and cut out the images we don't have in our Concept Art page and add them. :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I, personally, have no memory of the above LAB image. That is quite cool, considering the model itself, with its wide hallways, always seemed to suggest the intention from the developers to place Raptors inside. I am glad at least SOMETHING came of it, even if it is only this small image. And of course, Tatu is right, that model is a stock-pose and not representative of an active AI inside a beta version of this location.

I personally feel that the pre-release imagery of Trespasser as a whole needs an overhaul. I am now aware of several primary locations for mass-amounts of such images, and I highly suspect none of them is actually complete with regard to the collections taken together. With the pre-release versions of the game now known to us, I believe a total re-evaluation of sorting categories aught to be done, too.