IJ Beta - Pre-release Comparison (From Tresgame)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

IJ Beta - Pre-release Comparison (From Tresgame)

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:So this thread is for comparing pre-release imagery thought to be from IJ to build96. There's some interesting stuff to be seen, but for now I'm just going to do this one, famous image (which even appears somewhat in the vivo clip), which machf originally identified the location of some time ago:

Turns out the area is more similar than I suspected and with less drastically flattened terrain (at least, in the beta). Even MANY of the same trees! (including that giant fraker back there that's right on top of the stream bed :lol:) From what I can see here, it's actually still possible that there are high ridges on either side, as there are now. I originally thought that this image didn't allow for that. What it does show is a clear lower terrain on the right - where IJ3 would connect with the lost IJ2. I was just wondering about this; it means there probably was no epic view and jump into the little pond.
Also of course, the power pylons are completely missing, here. If I didn't know better, I'd even say the gravel here is not just behind this original image as it is in the beta/retail. The terrain on the left doesn't seem to have the dirt road which comes out from that hill, but it's difficult to tell for sure, and it's still possible that the gravel hill is there without a dirt road.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."