*SPOILERS* Pine Valley and other Beta 96 levels

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: *SPOILERS* Pine Valley and other Beta 96 levels

Post by scallenger »

Btw, the rex tooth in JR is a pretty formidable weapon! I used it on a raptor and died in like 2 strikes!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

David Bowman wrote:it goes on forever - and - oh my God - it's full of stars!
Have you guys looked at the Ascent level? It's HUGE!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Ascent 1, really?! What's it full of?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Trees. And glitches.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:
I fired that up and thought -- "Wow, it actually beings where the lab ends!" There is something very unsettling about hiking through those high bluffs.

Anyone else notice that the muzzle flashes are different (I think better)? The end features a transparency.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Noticed something else while in TresEd viewing the Town: That hillside area to the left of the Ops Center (as you face the steps) contains further trees that are obscured by the raised terrain. I think it's safe to conclude that this area was meant to be accessible, as sidewalks extend into the hillside for a bit. Also, the terrain image for the Barracks is further down the road, and an image for a bungalow is up on the slope a little ways down.

The road from the gate leading to the dam is unconnected to the main road system of the Town.

This is awesome! B)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah, it looks like they just changed the town level prior to this version.

EDIT: I went and did a comparison between the Vivo Clip and Build 96:
http://diehard.50webs.com/Diehard/betavsvivo.html

Something tells me that clip wasn't made too long before the build we have. A lot of it is the same, with some noteworthy differences.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sam, you're making a rebuild from a fresh level? Not a great idea... You'll be using Geomadd's lower-quality mipmaps, it's not going to look as nice. :?
Other than the rex's rainbow mouth, I'm not sure if the dinos really need fixing. Would be nice to retain the bumpmaps. If you can set up a comparison to prove some difference in bone positioning etc, then I'll go for that..

And I personally prefer the beta Anne :P Her skin is far more pure. Low texture res is just too obvious with the retail version.
hppav wrote:I'll have to do that :P Draco told me about a lot of things there (He claims the trailer with the JP banner as his find :P) and took a ton of screen shots.
Yeah, I'll be posting a thread about my own adventures in a moment..
We could probably pass the link around to those who we trust with the link to the beta once we get that far. By then this site should be pretty well filled out with content.
My impression is that eventually, everyone's going to have access to the beta. And at that point, we'll also start using the public Beta board more. I'm sure the link will be featured prominently in there, when the time comes.
hppav wrote:There's also a purple key card in actual lab on the second floor as well :P
Really? I missed that...
Slugger wrote:
hppav wrote:He claims the trailer with the JP banner as his find :P
First one to the patent office is awarded the rights. ;)
Too bad I don't care about patents. ;)
machf wrote:
Thought you'd enjoy that. Was fun slinking through with a nice hunting rifle.
scallenger wrote:Ascent 1, really?! What's it full of?
machf wrote:Trees. And glitches.
:lol:!!
Slugger wrote:Noticed something else while in TresEd viewing the Town: That hillside area to the left of the Ops Center (as you face the steps) contains further trees that are obscured by the raised terrain. I think it's safe to conclude that this area was meant to be accessible, as sidewalks extend into the hillside for a bit.
That's in the retail too, Slug. ;) Good thing Sam and I have gotten to know the retail better than the backs of our own hands :lol: The terrain in 96 actually does extend a wee bit further out. In the retail, those final telephone poles are partially buried.
Also, the terrain image for the Barracks is further down the road, and an image for a bungalow is up on the slope a little ways down.
Saw that. I'm sure you're right, it was further down at some point.. And you've missed the Reloaded discussion where the terrain goes all the way out there, leading to some terrain at the top in retail/beta which seems to be a road leading southeast. I've already restored this in the released "InGen Town Reloaded" .
The road from the gate leading to the dam is unconnected to the main road system of the Town.
Yep, an interesting note.

Oh yeah, Sam...
hppav wrote:I don't know if it matters but I turned the far left one all the way to the left too. The needle on it doesn't turn.
The far left one is the only one I really tried turning. The needle moves QUITE a lot. It was moving just like a real one, going into the red, and I'd try to get it in the green, and it'd go back down when I stopped turning it... So, I don't think we've figured out exactly how that puzzle is supposed to work, yet. I have not personally finished the part of the Geo Planet puzzle ingame.
I must wonder though, how the FRAK those needles move based on the lever forces like that?? If you'd asked me if such a thing were possible in Trespasser, before this, I would have said no.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Couple more things:
- Anne's flipping-the-bird submesh is missing
- In Sum, those outlying buildings are complete inside (may be in retail, can't recall). one has a semiauto mp5k. one where you battle the alpha raptor is also open, with a rifle in there
- alpha raptor is of tribe c
- another poster: in Jr, search for "ppostergirl02-00_regenm"

Rooting around AS1 (man, that level suddenly jumped on my list) and noticed a few things:
- the smuggler's plane is buried underneath the terrain at loc 2021.4, -521.0, 73.2
--> there's a broken propeller
--> a wooden box lacking identification markings
--> and a pack ole drugs ;)

@hppav -- there's a para of tribe a also in the basement of AS1
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Damn you, Slug, discovering more things, after being gone all these months.. :P I am busy analyzing the VOs. I'll get to the levels again in a bit - also after I get some damn food and move this crap from the clean-up out of my room.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote:Damn you, Slug, discovering more things, after being gone all these months.. :P
I have a 2 papers to finish, a lab report, and need to study for for two quizzes, a lab exam, and a pchem exam...but the call of the beta is irresistible. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tell me about it.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:Sam, you're making a rebuild from a fresh level? Not a great idea... You'll be using Geomadd's lower-quality mipmaps, it's not going to look as nice. :?
Other than the rex's rainbow mouth, I'm not sure if the dinos really need fixing. Would be nice to retain the bumpmaps. If you can set up a comparison to prove some difference in bone positioning etc, then I'll go for that..
Multiple dinosaur textures are rainbow, static, and rainbow static :P Plus like 90% of the structures in the level need to be exported, fixed in 3ds Max, and then re-imported anyway. A fresh level would be for consistency :P Plus I'm using the retail Anne as this version is meant to be placed into the retail level lineup. Kinda hard not to start anew when the only things that you DON'T have to fix in max would be the actual vegetation in the level. I'm also importing retail guns so that they have the proper grab magnets and such.

I'll be making two versions, one based on the Build 96 version with bug fixes and the like, and another based on the earlier versions of the level.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

hppav wrote:Multiple dinosaur textures are rainbow, static, and rainbow static :P Plus like 90% of the structures in the level need to be exported, fixed in 3ds Max, and then re-imported anyway. A fresh level would be for consistency :P Plus I'm using the retail Anne as this version is meant to be placed into the retail level lineup. Kinda hard not to start anew when the only things that you DON'T have to fix in max would be the actual vegetation in the level.
:P Fixing the meshes would not alter the textures as long as they don't use bumpmaps..
I'm also importing retail guns so that they have the proper grab magnets and such.
Of course. Remember that that new barrel version of the hk91 will have to be fixed.. I'll definitely be doing that at some point, myself. 8)
I'll be making two versions, one based on the Build 96 version with bug fixes and the like, and another based on the earlier versions of the level.
Quite a task... I still suggest basing the Build 96 version on the original level files, srsly. :yum: Otherwise I might have to do my own version. For the earlier version, good to start that from scratch.

Hmmmmm..... Perhaps I'll put myself in charge of a Beta IJ revamp. :yum: With all else that is restored, I might just try to recreate that dirt riverbed zone, separate from Tres Reloaded..
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Slugger mentions finding a image in the 96 menu files
http://s169935060.websitehome.co.uk/li_ji_0.png