*SPOILERS* Pine Valley and other Beta 96 levels

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Re: *SPOILERS* Pine Valley and other Beta 96 levels

Post by Slugger »

hppav wrote:Yeah the Rex call scared me for a second but once I got there I found that I was able to go around the Rex without even activating him.
I know. I've forgotten how frightening this game can be! :D
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Found something funny in the Pine Valley basement:

http://diehard.50webs.com/TforTres.jpg

Yes, that's a T in the TLW JP font :P T for Trespasser.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Your images aren't loading, hppav.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

My experience: I installed the beta as I would the retail version. I copied the contents to a directory named "tres_beta" and ran the setup95. I installed it directly on my machine in the basement, where I do Tres modding. The installer pointed the registry to the tres_beta directory, preserving my other files. From there I was able to run my ATX_patched EXE contained in my primary Tres directory. The game ran fine.

There are many more little things, which I am impressed with. More barrels and signs of activity in the Town; the Industrial Jungle looks like a jungle with denser foliage by inclusion of shrubs, bushes, and wild flowers (I wonder if those flowers can be picked up? That feature was mentioned in a demo/interview). That garage in the one PV pre-released screenshot isn't there.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

They work on my end. May be bandwidth limiting. I'll add links below the Map and T for Tres pics then :P
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Did anyone notice the bug in IJ/JR were the dinos just disappper lool :D I wonder it its some canda dinosaur portal :lol:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

It happens a lot in the later levels too. I think it was an attempt at random spawning or something :P
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Replied because people might not notice otherwise:

The "T" splits in the Geothermal Plant still use the original PV terrain textures (they have special ones all their own). So I don't have to recreate them using the road textures in the Lab for when I replace the ground textures. That's VERY nice 8)

EDIT: Also, the shoreline transition textures use the old PV base terrain texture as well. After replacing the base terrain and road texture pallets and injecting them into a StartLev, it looks really nice 8)

EDIT 2: Found a railroad spike in the basement of PV. It's called "Pspike01-00" :o, as well as a baton, and the lid to the infamous trash can.
EDIT 2.5: Draco informs me that the railroad spike is used in retail and is used in the first bridge puzzle :P

EDIT 3: The fences around the transformers have no T-scripting and no physics objects at all. Considering that they weren't in the early versions they may have been a late add-on and they didn't import them right. It's on a long list of things wrong with this level after all. The Mayan Ruins are also messed up in some ways. Some of the physics objects are rotated 90 degrees and a couple of wall segments are rotated 90 degrees. I've already fixed the Mayan Ruins in my rebuild.

http://diehard.50webs.com/mayanruinsfixed1.jpg

http://diehard.50webs.com/mayanruinsfixed2.jpg

My rebuild uses the retail Anne mesh, btw. I plan on using retail dinosaurs and weapons as well as there are some problems with the beta ones. (textures, game ending bugs, hand magnets, etc). I plan on leaving the Geothermal Plant puzzle as is for this version though, and further edit this one to fix the current puzzles and add back in the scrapped puzzles.

These pics were taken in an unedited Demo engine using original retail TPAs also. I'll have to swap them out for the beta TPAs though so I can hear the VOs and such as I rebuild the level.

EDIT 4: There's a lot of things you'll notice when rebuilding a level from scratch. Such as the fact that the Turbine Hall originally was supposed to have a garage door. Even though that's no longer there, the physics objects for it remain.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Slugger wrote:My experience: I installed the beta as I would the retail version. I copied the contents to a directory named "tres_beta" and ran the setup95. I installed it directly on my machine in the basement, where I do Tres modding. The installer pointed the registry to the tres_beta directory, preserving my other files. From there I was able to run my ATX_patched EXE contained in my primary Tres directory. The game ran fine.
I used C:\TresBeta\, but for some reason whenever I start the game the registry entry got changed back to C:\Program files\Dreamworks\Trespasser\
I had used setup.exe, when I did it again using Setup95.exe instead as you mentioned, it worked fine...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I've written up a walk through of Pine Valley. Feel free to read through it and see what you think could be changed, etc.

Level 5 - Pine Valley
You start out at the top of a large valley filled with all sorts of pine trees. Behind you is a supply box with a Hunting Rifle and a Desert Eagle. Pick up your weapons and continue forward.

Hammond: "As we left we vandalized our own locking mechanisms. InGen tolerates no trespassers"
Anne: "Not until now."
(VC H49 - A154)

As you approach the valley, you hear MUSIC - REVEAL OF LANDSCAPE.

Continue down the valley. There are a couple of raptors in this area so be careful. Soon you will see power pylons come up into the valley from the left. On the way down you'll find a wrecked motorcycle with a couple of weapons. Once down to the bottom of the valley, there's a trigger just off the road.

Anne: "These must run back to the town on one end." {VA148)

You now have two choices in which way to go. You can follow the road (Option A) or you can turn right into the valley and climb the far side (Option B).

---Option A: Follow the road---

Keep following the road. At one point there is a trigger next to the road.

Hammond: "The pylons ran for kilometers. One ever hundred meters or so. I built them to last. Running east from the plant, they climbed the valley before descending southward into the plains." (VH88)

Continuing down the road you'll find a broken bridge. In the middle is a plank of wood held in place by a single spike. Use a rock or shoot it so that it spins 90 degrees, enabling you to jump onto it and then back off on the other side.

Just further down the road is another, slightly more complicated bridge puzzle. Take one of the long boards laying there and push it forward so that it can stop the middle section from spinning. Shoot the top of the middle section or jump at it in order to get it to spin. Once stopped, you can use it to jump up onto the far side. You can hear a distant roar.

There are a couple of trikes and a T-Rex in the next area, however you can side step around them to the right.

---Option B: Turn right into the valley and climb the far side---

In the valley proper you'll find a small pond and a stegosaurus.

Hammond: "When I was little I dreamed of a time when the entire world was covered by ancient forest… Great hunters stalked in the cool darkness... among silent huge columnar trees - oaks and sequoias." (VH68)

In the valley you'll also find an overturned vehicle.

Hammond: "I stepped out of the Jeep and stretched my legs. The two guards attended to the wheel and just for an instant I stood alone. Unprotected in the Jurassic wilderness… I felt the air current around me, heard a single tree rustle." (VH69)

Continue on up the far side of the valley. You'll eventually reach the top where there's a parallel valley that's much shallower than the main valley.

Anne: "A forest like this.. you could just walk forever and never come back." (VA146)

As you continue on you'll find a small cluster of Mayan ruins guarded by a lone raptor. Nearby is a Spaz. MUSIC - PV AMBIENT will play.

Continuing further on you'll find the raptor nest. Scattered about are bones of animals and humans, as well as some vehicles. Watch out though as you may summon some raptors.

Once past the raptor nest, continue down into the main valley and rejoin the road.

---Both Options---

Now, all we have to do is follow the road to the Geothermal plant. Once you arrive you'll find yourself across a ditch from the plant with a drawbridge in front of you. Try shooting out the boards holding it up. If you have to, climb across the pipe further down the ditch to get across. Once across, you can either shoot the gate or pick up the piece of rebar and bang on the gate to get it to open.

MUSIC - GEO PLANT COURTYARD plays.

Climb up onto the walkway overhead and jump onto the roof of the Control Building (the tan and gray building across from the parking lot). Once on the roof, drop down inside through the skylight. MUSIC - GEO PLANT CONTROL ROOM plays.

Anne: "Control Room. Looks pretty intact." (VA161)

The main screen tells us that the following systems aren't working: Production Well, Cooling Pond, Turbine, and Transformers.

Head out of the Control Room through the front doors and head to the production well (across the center road from the Parking Lot).

Anne: "Comes out of the ground here..." (VA156)

Turn the red valve and you should hear the pump start. Head behind the Control Building and you'll see the Reinjection Wells.

Anne: "...goes into the ground here." (VA157)

Walk along the cooling pond and you will hear Hammond describe it.

Hammond: "The tank of greenish water tinted by algae killing chemicals circulated through the massive cooling tower. This reservoir was filled from a pump in the valley some ways away." (VH89)

Head back out of the Geo Plant and across the ditch. The pipes that go into the forest will end at the feed pump. Turn the red valve on it and you will hear that pump start.

Go back into the Geo Plant and head to the turbine shed. The noise will be deafening so turn down your sound!

Hammond: "The steam pipes hissed and spat. Water pumped deep into the earth and came back superheated." (VH71)
Anne: "The steam turns the turbine to produce electricity." (VA158)

Now comes the most annoying puzzle ever witnessed. The Turbine. This is where your East Dock experience comes in handy. There are three levers on the turbine. Turn the right one slightly to the left until the needle starts turning. Turn the middle one slightly to the left until the needle starts turning there. Go back to the left most one and turn that all the way left so that it maxes out. Do the same to the middle. I don't know if it helps, but also turn the left most one all the way left. The needle will not move. Head back to the control room and check the monitor making sure that light is green.

Once that's done head to the transformer grid. There are four boxes. Two of them have switches and the other two have lights. Pull the switches. Once the switches have been turned, the panels on the other two will light up. This indicates which buttons need to be pushed in order to turn the power on.

B B
B B
OOO
OXO
OOO
XOO

The Bs are the big boxes, the Os are the buttons that are on, and the Xs are the buttons that need to be turned on.

Anne: "Don't try this at home!" (VA162)

Push both buttons and you'll be treated to MUSIC - ISLAND POWER RESTORED. Congratulations on working a puzzle so complicated that the entire level had to be scrapped!

Now you can continue on to the ditches in the road ahead. They both have drawbridges over them. But now that you have powered up the plant, you can use the buttons to lower them.

Head to the harbor gate where you'll find a keypad.

Anne: "This used to be powered.. It's dead now." (VA167)

Despite what Anne says, the keypad still works. At least it looks like it does in TresEd (I quit after I beat the Geo Plant so I could post a walk through here for others :P) 8101. The gates will open and you can enter into the next level!
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Take a look at the Town -- there are some fantastic models there. Overall, it's much more detailed, but some models are missing from the final version, such as updated "Welcome to Borroughs" signs and the community billboard outside the church. Many more guns too. Newer models include the gun cabinet, tree/shrub/flower sets, a nice leather chair in Wu's house (no pool warning sign though), a bed frame, the trailers are different (one sports a nice "Jurassic Park" banner and various clipboards and blueprint tube), a cabinent, different skinned barrels by the gas station (and a control box to operate the lift, which is inoperable), a couple nice paintings (one a 3/4 fold, this one in Wu's house), plus perhaps the most beautiful, in Hammond's office in his house, a physical model of the island with markers upon a nice stand (unlike that panel on his wall in the retail)!

*Oh, and 3D sidewalks.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I'll have to do that :P Draco told me about a lot of things there (He claims the trailer with the JP banner as his find :P) and took a ton of screen shots.

Oh, and I put up a website to catalogue what is found in the beta:
http://diehard.50webs.com/Diehard/index.html

There's no link to it anywhere except on this forum. The only pages currently done are the ones linked to on the index page. I know that my demo walk through is missing the one VO about the pylons linking up to the town though. The PV section of the site is dedicated to TSOrd :)

We could probably pass the link around to those who we trust with the link to the beta once we get that far. By then this site should be pretty well filled out with content.
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Woah will have to check those things out in the town!

I noticed that at the lab it has the purple keycard in the trashcan outside like it does in the strategy guide! And at the beginning of jungle road in the monrail rubble there is the t-rex tooth just like in the strategy guide as well! Gonna check out the Ascent 2 to see if the Albertasaurs are around...

EDIT:

The Albertasaurs ARE in Ascent 2, also like they were in the strategy guide! You also start higher up on a hill for some reason on the level.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

There's also a purple key card in actual lab on the second floor as well :P
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

hppav wrote:He claims the trailer with the JP banner as his find :P
First one to the patent office is awarded the rights. ;)