Rediscovering the original town roads...

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Rediscovering the original town roads...

Post by hppav »

I decided to go take a look at the vegetation under the ground in IT.

This image shows the most obvious lines and what could have been the layout:
However, after trying to recreate the roads, some trees were in the way of some of the potential routes, however after some fiddling, Draco and I think we've figured out some of the original layout:

It's amazing that they left all the vegetation under there, really helps us piece things together.

EDIT: Draco thinks the angled straight lines of vegetation may actually be indicative of the locations of angled fences/concrete walls and that the town is actually 3 blocks by 4 blocks. I'll let him describe his theory himself :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Rediscovering the original town roads...

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sam and I have been discussing this fervently in messenger. It's quite an awesome find and I've been building on it.

Introducing, the full sidewalk system of Burroughs! Sam likes how evenly it works out, and admits that the angled foliage on the far right may be from town barriers rather than angular roads.

There is an odd jump in the sidewalk, here:

Seems like they tried to make it look like damage from the fallen water tower, but the ENTIRE sidewalk shifts at this point. Also, the lowest road of the town does not match my new sidewalk system. This would all need to be adjusted. It would also bring the road closer to the front steps of the Ops Center, but also means things like the gas station would need to be adjusted accordingly.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I like it. How does the road leading to the gate connect? And the road extending off to the left of the Ops Center, where would that lead?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Slugger wrote:I like it. How does the road leading to the gate connect?
That's not readily apparent from the vegetation. I'd imagine it would link up with one of the T intersections.
Slugger wrote:And the road extending off to the left of the Ops Center, where would that lead?
There's supposed to be another gate over there. This gate was cut sometime just before Build 96 (the map in the Ops center, despite sporting the revised town layout, still shows the old terrain and the old corner gate. Here's a screen shot that Draco took:

It also still shows that you enter the town from that gate that's blocked in retail.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OMG you're right! The two roads which actually lead away from the town in that image are the West and NorthEast gates.. I didn't notice.
Anyway, yeah, in the beta, not even the NorthEast gate road actually connects to the town road system, yet. The PV road actually starts inside the town walls.