Is Obtaining a Trespasser Beta possible?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Is Obtaining a Trespasser Beta possible?

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah, first off before I get flamed this is just going by how I know beta for some other games are acquired. If I get something wrong then forgive me.

Alright, the first thing I want to do is ask if anyone has ever thought about getting one. Has anyone? Yes I know the chances of finding one are slim but the least that can be done is trying to find one.

I happen to know a guy who searches out video game prototypes for a hobby and has a website filled with them. None of them are PC games but I might be able to ask him to keep a look out for a beta if you guys want me to. Most of the betas he has on his site are actually just dumped ROM images from the prototype game cartridges.

However, the only bad part about obtaining a prototype is that they generally cost a large sum of money to buy off of collectors and such. There have been occasions where gaming magazines have received prototype games for the purpose of reviewing and/or previewing the upcoming game but these are rare because most of the time, gaming magazines generally throw these away shortly after review. However occasionally though, Gaming magazines have been known to have some prototypes shelved.

drx, could possibly locate the game more easily since it is an american originated game after all (he has trouble locating Japanese originated games though. This is luckily useless information for us.) The thing that would have to be done of course is raise money to purchase it though.

My question though would be: "Is the community big enough to do such a thing or is it not?"

The first thing that drx told me was to contact the developers and see if they still have a copy of it first. So yeah, we should first contact the developers if possible to see if they have a prototype. Dreamworks Interactive/Electronic Arts are cooperate bastard ass holes though as has been seen previously by them denying us the Source code. However, I'm sure that's just because we just asked for it instead of asking to buy it from them. (which might also be out of the question as well.)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Re: Is Obtaining a Trespasser Beta possible?

Post by hppav »

Dude :P Check this:

http://trescom.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a

And no, we Ops don't have it yet. Only MP as far as I've heard.

EDIT: Oh and we're working on how to distribute. He isn't playing it :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos