Concept - to - Beta Comparison

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Concept - to - Beta Comparison

Post by Draconisaurus »

My intent for this thread is to compare what's in the beta more specifically to old concept art and/or pre-release screenshots. This thread is not for any discussion connected with the final release of the game - just pretend the game was never released. ;)

I wanted to start this now for two reasons. 1) I'm bored and can't wait 2) I have a comparison already 3) I'm actually about to go to bed anyway.

I was looking through some of the Tres concepts in my own folders, when I took a closer look at this...

See that stuff behind the raptors in the far background? I think it was Mickey or someone who first pointed it out and wondered what it was. Of course, the discussion was a dead end. Now that we know there was a Stego down by the still pond in PV, I looked at this image with a fresh perspective.. wondering suddenly if it might be from PV, as so many other images like it are.. And jesus! That dark stuff is probably the Mayan crap from JR that we've tried to place in the terrain cut-out this whole time! It even shows the entrance seen only in reverse here -

EDIT: Alright so this one doesn't show it.. I'm not sure where the version of this image is that has the dark slanted walls on either side + ceiling. But hopefully you remember.

- Though you can still only barely see it... The beta will be able to show better how well this compares, of course.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Concept - to - Beta Comparison

Post by RexHunter99 »

Actually It does look like it could fit up around there except of course, the terrain there seems very flat for that specific area of PV, and also that it fits in quite nicely just north of the GeoPlant where we all believed there was a set of pumps set into the ground where there's a shitload of terrain tesselation. The shape of the hills suggest the location as well as the flatness of the area (well more accurately the way the terrain slopes slightly but remains rather flat or the same.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Mhmm, well it's such an old image that I'm sure the terrain changed a lot, wherever it's from. It could also be a custom scene made to show off all these assets, including the Mayan stuff there.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, it looks like you got it mostly right, the rocks are in the right place, I'll try from a slightly different angle...
Oh, and that other image you're looking for is in the scanned magazine article...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm yes, though the hill in the back is definitely higher in the pv terrain, and I think the spot where the dinos are is a bit more level in the early image.
And yeah, I suspected it might be there, but it's not too important..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Does it look similar?
screen15gcImage1.jpg
screen15gcImage1.jpg (165.85 KiB) Viewed 8898 times
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Where is that? I don't reconize it..
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Up there in PV.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Ooooh! I gotta check out PV a bit better when I get time :P.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah it looks pretty damn similar now :yum: Pretty cool little spot. Makes me wonder if more was planned for it in early stages.. (like, other than the T easter egg).