Beta research organization

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Beta research organization

Post by Draconisaurus »

I want to get this in before the beta actually gets here... Sam and I were discussing that a new forum should be made (within Trespasser) specifically for Beta discussion. I was originally open to just using this Research section for that purpose, but he likes the idea of a Beta board and I also think it would help. Of course, the admin control panel is still not fully functional, so until we have a Beta section, any topics about the beta regarding new experiences, research, analysis, comparisons, and whatever should be posted in this section. I'd like to keep the number of threads down at first, if possible - if you want to start a new topic about something in the Beta, I would ask that you make it more general than "I found a stash of guns under the ground!" or "I can't beat this puzzle!" I'm aiming for threads about levels (or well-developed areas within levels, or sometimes single buildings), engine dynamics, new model/texture discussions (not too specific), basement discoveries, etc. I would start them now myself, but that just seems silly at this point.. Better to have them made as the discoveries happen, and by whoever makes those discoveries. That's all!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Beta research organization

Post by machf »

Uh, when I saw the title I thought you wanted to assemble a team to extensively research the beta... which I'm certainly more than willing to do.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh, I have little doubt the beta will be scoured to pieces as soon as it comes out by many people here. There'll be little reason to try assembling a team - the problem will be keeping out information overload, which is what I'm hoping in outlining organization.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I did tell Draco a proper name for those actively taking the beta apart would be the Trespasser Beta Hacking Society :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ohhhh yes that's right. :yum: Sounds good. You want to be the founder? :yum:
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

:P I guess so, since I did come up with the name :lol:
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Out of curiousity, what beta?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I had a feeling people weren't seeing it. Why is this community not climbing over themselves to get to it? Seems like almost all discussion, even in the public thread, has been by Ops etc..
I'll announce the thread.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I think it's going to take a bit of time for the old-timers to catch wind of it and some of the newbies don't what know it is that we're so pumped up about.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Rebel wrote:I think it's going to take a bit of time for the old-timers to catch wind of it and some of the newbies don't know what it is that we're so pumped up about.
One of the mod/admins ought to put a forum wide and frontend site news post, hppav has the full access I'm guessing to do that. I wasn't aware what everyone was talking about the beta for, until I saw that other topic.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That's what you get for not reading all the new topics. ;)

And we're waiting to make announcements until a release etc. can be fully organized.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Draconisaurus wrote:That's what you get for not reading all the new topics. ;)

And we're waiting to make announcements until a release etc. can be fully organized.
Actually did read them, just read the other topic first thinking that it was just research I to the beta shots and such, not the actual beta.

Anyway, I'd be interested in taking a look into the beta files, searching around, but no doubt most people will anyway, just got a bit of time to spare hopefully will last till its uploaded. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah I'm betting there will be lots of investigation going on. We're hoping to attract a lot of people around here for that, when the time comes.
hppav wrote::P I guess so, since I did come up with the name :lol:
Btw, since that idea is your baby, might as well start it up yourself in a new thread, when you've got some ideas. Dunno what kind of criteria/organization you had in mind, or whatever..
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I was thinking of keeping it constrained to the Senior Members in the immediate time frame. Compile as much as we can find into a fairly easy to navigate website on my Diehard account so that what we do find is thoroughly documented and easily accessible to those interested in it. Once the beta drops though, content will likely soar with more people searching through the files for more information. Start out with seeing if we can get some screen shots of this beta and compare between it and retail. I'll come up with some more ideas today though, I'm sure.