Differences between Build 96 and Retail

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Differences between Build 96 and Retail

Post by hppav »

These are all the confirmed things that we know from what ASSEMbler has released. I will update this post as we get more information or as people find more differences.

GENERAL:
There is an audio file of birds chirping that plays over everything
Anne's mesh is more detailed with a different tattoo
Faster loading times in general
Game is unstable in XP, crashing after about 5 minutes of play
The only cheat confirmed to be accepted by the engine is "INVUL"
Draw distance seems better than retail with less popping

THE BEACH:
The foundations area is more barren at this point than it is in the final
When you reach the foundations Hammond says "...the greatest discovery of the 20th century."
The first of the wooden fences appears to be missing

PINE VALLEY:
Pine Valley still existed as close to 20 builds from release
The base ground texture is the same as the demo as opposed to the original brown mossy base texture
There is a supply box just outside and to the left of the gate
The first VO occurs almost immediately after you step forward. "As we left we vandalized our own locking mechanisms. InGen tolerates no trespassers." "Not until now." indicating that IT ended with some kind of gate puzzle
Just as you get a view of the valley below, the music in block 416 of the Stream.tpa plays (Credits to machf for that one)
The rocks blocking the road in the demo are not there in PV (As Remdul had pointed out previously)
The helipads are not in PV (As Remdul had pointed out previously)
The power lines don't go all the way up the valley but instead head over the ridge (in precisely the same location that I had placed them in my version of PV)
The "hidden valley" that runs parallel to the main valley is accessible via a smooth slope from the initial bowl of the valley. This was blocked off by a terrain wall in the demo

TESTSCENE:
There is no night version, indicating that night may have been a later idea that never came to fruition
We have both the toxin rifle and the tranq rifle present
The developer's head is missing
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Differences between Build 96 and Retail

Post by Draconisaurus »

hppav wrote:Anne's mesh is more detailed with a different tattoo
Ah you think it's more detailed period? That would be pretty nice...
Game is unstable in XP, crashing after about 5 minutes of play
:( That's a bit generalized, I think, but idk. I wonder why it crashes on his comp after 5 mins.. :?
The only cheat confirmed to be accepted by the engine is "INVUL"
I wonder if BR will discover some old, removed dev cheats..
Draw distance seems better than retail with less popping
Indeed. Oh, keep in mind that all his videos have been in hardware mode. Maybe the game is more stable during that build in software mode.
When you reach the foundations Hammond says "...the greatest discovery of the 20th century."
He says that in the first foundation area of the retail, too. But you have to climb a few foundation blocks to get to it, like a little "treat" if you take the time to figure out Tres-physics.
There is a supply box just outside and to the left of the gate
And a floating one, at that, almost looks identical to what you see at the start of Lab..
indicating that IT ended with some kind of gate puzzle
That would be nice, but there's no way to assume that. I am sure the PV gate had good lock of some kind that was visible, but since it was "vandalized", who knows how Anne was intended to get passed it.
Just as you get a view of the valley below, the music in block 416 of the Stream.tpa plays (Credits to machf for that one)
Didn't Scall guess it was called "Stegosaur Greeting"? And what do you know, there's a stego down there in the valley... The stego was always one of those under-represented dinos in the retail.
The "hidden valley" that runs parallel to the main valley is accessible via a smooth slope from the initial bowl of the valley. This was blocked off by a terrain wall in the demo
Can't wait to see how that all looks.. We'll probably get to see what that damn Mayan thing really looked like, after all these years! Some more theories to be proved or debunked :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This comes from Rex:
Apparently he knew all about the gradual slope for the past 8 months or so, when he didn't like the look of the sharp demo terrain and scrutinized some PV images, mainly the loading image itself:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

no I meant the demo loading image :P Shit... I just realized that the 'li' in the loading images filename means 'load image' xP
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ohhh, lmao! Hadn't noticed that the demo had smoother terrain in that image - and I'm far too hungry to be about finding and posting that, now.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I wonder how the Town and Lab levels differ, now that PV links the two. We finally get to see what was up in that hidden valley.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah. I'm hoping for the town with 3D sidewalks and larger more open terrain area.

IJ's terrain file is considerably smaller than retail, indicating that the canyon may not actually exist in this version.

Plus this may have the hidden valley in JR opened as well so we can see what's in there.

And AS1's files are much larger in the beta than retail indicating that somethings new are there. I'm hoping for the hunter's camp myself :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Yeah it is kind of creepy that the track I randomly named "Stegosaur Greeting" (it seemed like a peaceful track for some kind of animal to me when I first heard it, and since the Brachiosaur already had one, I made my guess). Not sure if I will change the name of this track or not, maybe still include "Stegosaur" in the title at least.

Strange.