TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:51 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Well, if you've been reading the news announcement on the TresCom site, you may have noticed that Rebel and I have been busy lately.
First, we released pidRewrite, a small drag-and-drop util which can be used with the .pid files from the E3 and PC Gamer releases of Trespasser to update them (and the corresponding .swp files) to retail-compatible versions, which allows you to load those levels into TresEd for viewing.

Second, we released TPAupdate, another small drag-and-drop util which can be used with the .tpa files from the E3, PC Gamer and Build 55 releases of Trespasser to update them to retail-compatible versions, which allows you to use them to replace the retail ones or use them with ATX or CE as add-on TPAs, so that you canhave access to the sounds contained in them.

Third, we just released fixOcclusion, a program similar to pidRewrite which has been designed to only fix minor differences in the .pid files fromthe Build 55 release of Trespasser to fully update them to retail-compatible versions.

And fourth, we've released 3 compatibility updates for the E3, PC Gamer and Build 55 .grf and .scn files, which, following the previous updates, will allow you to finally play the levels from those builds in a retail engine install. (There's still a problem with the E3's TestScene and Industrial Jungle due to some differences in the bump maps format we're currently trying to figure out, but those levels are almost the same as the ones in the PC Gamer version, and everything else works fine).

So, go grab those releases, and have fun playing the early levels in Trespasser, CE or ATX!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:04 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

I really like the IJ level's layout in the beta, and now I'm finally able to explore the level without
Anne walking around like a wannabe mummy. The early renditions of the levels are interesting,
and a window into the development and evolution of the levels as the Devs worked towards the
retail release. The evolution of the game's engine is also evident.

All in all, these levels gives us a different perspective into the game's development. As I stated
above, it's all quite interesting, and I consider these earlier level builds are comparable to easter
eggs. Machf, put quite a few hours into getting these levels playable under our current engines
too; good job. ;)

@Btw, they're downloadable in the menu under patches -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:07 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I've been uploading some short gameplay videos:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 am 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

I knew you guys were working on something, but at the time I wasn't quite sure what it was or what it was for. This is truly amazing - thanks for all the hard work you put into this, hats off to you gentlemen!! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:05 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Thanks, Hilwo. Now go have some fun with those levels...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:52 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

I'm amazed that the dino scripting works without alteration for the newer engines..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:16 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Draconisaurus wrote:
I'm amazed that the dino scripting works without alteration for the newer engines..

I guess they have the basic ones and machf probably converted the bones? to work properly? :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:01 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

One day I'd like to convert these levels over to match the rest of the retail game (animals, textures, voiceovers, etc.) so you can play the entire game as intended, and release a package that modifies the other levels to load these appropriately as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

That does sound nice. "Tres Old School Mod".