Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Post by LCountach »

I am thinking of sharing my fixed up version of Pine Valley. I was watching a playthrough of Trespasser by Klayton Fioriti on youtube. I commented about sharing my fixed up version with him. A version I never shared with anyone. Adrian K asked that I share it here. I am not really sure of the process of doing that. It is 40MB in size.

I spent many hours editing the various items in the level that were floating and sunken in the ground. There were probably hundreds of items that needed a little TLC. I didn't delete any items. I just tried to place them properly at ground level with the occasional artistic license. I left in some obviously copy/pasted little logs sitting parallel in some locations in the level. Maybe the devs wanted them that way? I also fixed the supply boxes and edited some of the broken guns to aim forward. Lastly I edited the electric drawbridges at the end of the level. The workings for the bridges were in the level. Just disabled and for good reason. They do function but often require mashing the button many times for the bridge to start moving. In the 0.96 build, the fixed bridges will not function and can even cause crashes. In the retail build, they work but with the previous stated glitch. I may have done more fixes but... I did the work years ago in 2013. I dont remember everything.
EDIT: I can also remember editing the Dinos. They become active at a greater distance. The ambush at the raptor nest functions much better. They don't drop from the sky and get all broken. The devs also put unusual scripting on them. When killed, each of the three raptors will respawn once for a total of six raptors. Lastly, I remember playing around with the stegos and maybe the trike too.

I was hoping someone here could walk me through the sharing process. The level certainly isn't my work. I just gave it a little TLC. So I need help naming the version appropriately.

Note: I also went through the entire list of patched 1.1 retail levels and gave them the same TLC. I even imported/replaced/substituted many items in the Town level. I wanted it to be more like the 0.96 beta. There are still some little things like doors and keycards in the Town and Docks/Lab level that need attention but... I haven't touched TresEd for many years. Many people seem to get bent out of shape when retail levels are shared. So I am not sure what to do with them other than enjoy them myself.
Last edited by LCountach on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Pine Valley - Fixed Up Version

Post by tatu »

Oh feel free to share, even if it is fixed retail/beta levels. We have several already in the download section. If anything I personally wished there were more level mods on the retail levels as it is more likely that they will be finished rather than a new level.

40mb today is not much and you can use something like box.com, zippyshare or mediafire to share. I will happily upload it to TresCom :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wait, what? Klayton played the Pine Valley level and made a video of it already? Man, I've had too much to do these days... only this afternoon after lunch I'm going to have enough free time to do anything else.

Go ahead, upload your level and we'll see that it can be added to TresCom...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

LCountach wrote:Adrian K asked that I share it here. I am not really sure of the process of doing that. It is 40MB in size.
It was me on YT. Glad to see that you decided to do it :)
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

I am thinking of familiarizing myself with TresEd again. Perhaps finishing up the edits I wanted to do in the Lab and Town. Maybe even import the big door on the turbine room from Build 55 for Pine Valley. Maybe release the levels as a big pack. Not really sure yet.

Side note. It was cool to play through the 55 build of the game. I gave up however after a hundred crashes and just loaded them in the retail build. Dinos dont work if you do that but at least I got to see the levels. That reminds me. Is it just me or does the Industrial Jungle not work in Build 55?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, I don't know, I think I've loaded up the build 55 version of IJ in the retail's (well, actually, the demo's) engine and played it there...

EDIT: no, right,IJ doesn't load properly...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yes, the IJ from Build 55 doesn't work because the .scn is empty. However, it is identical (IIRC) to the IJ version from Build 32 so you could play that builds version :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What happens if you copy the .scn file from build 32?
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:What happens if you copy the .scn file from build 32?
If I remember it still crash on loading.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Then, what happens if you use GUIapp to generate a new .scn file?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Build 55 didn't come with GUIApp and I think the one in the source is too "new" and the one in 32 is too "old". Tho I am pretty sure I somehow manage to just save the level in TresEd and used that .scn but I don't remember. Been too long :P

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'll give it a try later, once I'm done with my shelf...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

OK, I couldn't do it last night, since after finishing the shelf, I only finished working on that other thing (you know which one - BTW, I need feedback on that) very late, but here's a working .scn file for the build 55 version of IJ, generated with an old version of GUIapp. Just overwrite the empty one with this one.
Attachments
ij55scn.zip
(552.04 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
LCountach
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by LCountach »

Just wanted to say. Progress is going well on the final touches of the fixed up level pack. It should be ready in a few days. I was thinking of calling it "Trespasser - LCountach's TLC Pack". It will consist of all the retail levels + Pine Valley. All with little fixes for floating and sunken objects. Some rescaling of oversized items. Plus a little artistic license for item placement. Many items were just plopped into Trespasser. They are at perfect right angles or just stand out as unfinished place holders. Probably because they ran out of time. Hence the need for this update/pack.

What do you think of the name? I am open to suggestions. Also the file could become large. I have imported items from older builds into three levels so far. The zip could grow to a few hundred MB if I need to include the updated .pid and .swp files. I would like to release a Play Test/Pre-Release pack here in this thread. If some of you would be so kind to play test the levels and point out any glaring flaws that may need addressing before it is uploaded in the downloads section here. That would be appreciated.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

.pid and .swp files are needed if you've added meshes with textures that weren't already in the level...