Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Post by tatu »

I thought I would write something really cool here, but I can't figure out anything lol.

Anyway, here is a playable version of Jungle Road dated back to April 1998. It works in-game. The only thing that have been added are Anne. I also added scripts and physics for most objects so it's playable. Mainly made so you can take a look in-game or in TresEd.

And for the first time ever, take a look at the original model of the Stone Face, can you find it?

And sadly no green T-Rex for those who hoped, actually no dinosaurs at all, or guns.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hippm08wn ... 15_1998.7z (5.87MB)

UPDATE 2013-01-29:
Anne TPM File - June 1998 (No textures)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/chikma26s ... 998-TPM.7z (30KB)

Jungle Road v04 Studio Max files - With some terrain textures and Photoshop files. (Also got several groundtextures for IJ)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5bo89v5z ... Road_04.7z (28MB)

I want to point out that some of the textures needs to be resized in order to work.
Last edited by tatu on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Jungle Road - April 11-15, 1998

Post by Vesiapina »

Thank you tatu! You rock man!!! :)
With Trespasser, you can!
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Sweeeeet... Why did I have to have a work-shift this evening/night...??
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

WOW! That's amazing! Where did you find it?
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Once again, Tatu manages to squeeze something out of the developers.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What?!

It's too early for April Fools' Day, right?

EDIT: crashed nicely upon loading, so I renamed it to "ju" inatead of "jr" using GeomAdd and got it working.

After reading that Readme file, I wonder... was this originally a .max file, or what?

And the "face" isn't too hidden or anything...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

WOW! This IS amazing! Great find, Tatu. Any hint of who you got it from? Any chance of more?

I downloaded the files but won't have too much time to figure out how to work it the next few days. Any way you fellas can take some screenshots/videos of this? That'd be great!
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

scallenger wrote:I downloaded the files but won't have too much time to figure out how to work it the next few days. Any way you fellas can take some screenshots/videos of this? That'd be great!
You can open the .swp with TresEd and view the level that way :wink:

It's amazing to finally see the stone head and to have confirmed that it is indeed *the* Mayan head... thanks Tatu!! :mrgreen:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Velociraptor Alfa wrote:WOW! That's amazing! Where did you find it?
In a trash-can :P
EDIT: crashed nicely upon loading, so I renamed it to "ju" inatead of "jr" using GeomAdd and got it working.
That's wierd, it works fine with Trespasser Twilight.
After reading that Readme file, I wonder... was this originally a .max file, or what?
Who knows? Find out in the near future!
WOW! This IS amazing! Great find, Tatu. Any hint of who you got it from? Any chance of more?
Can't say who's trash-can I found this. Any chance of more? Maybe. It will take some time, a week or two, but I won't give a hint. :P

But I will give you this screenshot of something in it. Sadly I don't have any textures for it.
It's amazing to finally see the stone head and to have confirmed that it is indeed *the* Mayan head... thanks Tatu!! :mrgreen:
It is! No problem. :D
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Sweet *censored* that's awesome... Looks like after they ditched the left arm, they tried to make up for it in a different department :yum:
Very cool find! Can this be put into a level even if the left arm doesn't do anything?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:Sweet *censored* that's awesome... Looks like after they ditched the left arm, they tried to make up for it in a different department :yum:
Very cool find! Can this be put into a level even if the left arm doesn't do anything?
I'm not really sure, maybe. Not sure how it works since the code for Anne is written for the retail Anne, but should work. I will look into it.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Is it just one mesh, or does it also have the replacement meshes for use with different objects?
tatu wrote:I'm not really sure, maybe. Not sure how it works since the code for Anne is written for the retail Anne, but should work. I will look into it.
It really isn't the code for "Anne", it's the code for the "Player", so to speak... remember we have already replaced the player character before with a different mesh.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:Is it just one mesh, or does it also have the replacement meshes for use with different objects?
tatu wrote:I'm not really sure, maybe. Not sure how it works since the code for Anne is written for the retail Anne, but should work. I will look into it.
It really isn't the code for "Anne", it's the code for the "Player", so to speak... remember we have already replaced the player character before with a different mesh.
It's one mesh for anne, and then one mesh for holding pistols. That's the only two.

I see, then it might be possible to make her playable.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

It was really fun looking through this version of the level, beware of spoilers ahead!!

A tour bus tire is located fairly at the beginning of the level. Possibly a tour bus was planned to be in JR,
as their numbers in IT suggest there have been more than we've seen in-game.

Two-part lock on the shed, other than the one found in beta/retail JR, where it's a one part lock. Might
have been planned to be breakable?

The Mayan face is my absolute favorite thing from this version of JR. Guess I was right about its location:
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=8903
At some point I just assumed this stone head was the Mayan head, but now we have definite proof. It's
so great to finally be able to see this head we've only been able to see on an old screenshot :)

No plantation house in this version of JR.

The Hidden Valley I think is the only area with a lot of foilage. The path leads all the way to the beach,
the location reminds me of a retail area where two 'misplaced' voiceover triggers are located:
- VH16 Hammond The southern beach looked out over trackless ocean. Down past Peru all the way to Antarctica.
- VA29 Anne This is like hiking in the woods behind my house. We used to pretend we were on a spy mission.
I didn't check the coordinates though, so I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: The height may be off/changed, but they do place the voiceovers on the path of the Hidden Valley. Nice!

The manlifter is more detailed. Its arm has extra 'support' (not sure how else to describe it) and it has a lever.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Wow, nice findings there Hilwo! Love the triggers discovery :D I notice the ambient triggers also fit!