Download: Early Trespasser Builds

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Release: E3 build & PC Gamer build

Post by machf »

Hmmm... another interview, maybe?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

masterchiefoo7 wrote:One thing I noticed is the Quake symbol is hidden in the mayan ruins in PV. has that always been there?
No. Though it can be found in the basement of the InGen Lab level. Retail, at least... not sure about beta.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by s13n1 »

Holy shit! New stuff!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Christmas came early this year ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

omg this is so awesome, as it turns out I am not getting any sleep tonight
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

Holy cow! The brown raptors are even breathing in and out!
tatu

Post by tatu »

Common guys! Share your stories!!

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

It's like a dream, seeing everything connected and experiencing the images that we have been collecting over the past 20 years.

The dinosaurs, with their enhanced behaviors and bones, are super wonky. most of the time, they collapse in on themselves like they are being sucked into a black hole. I was running through IJ in the PC gamer build, and this version has a Green T-rex instead of the raptor fighting the Triceratops! I was startled and started to walk backwards, but suddenly, the Triceratops twists his head 270 degrees, smashes the nearby car, which sends the car flying into the T-Rex. The T-rex Roared, and had his entire body collapse into his head, and it fell to the ground.

I think that the burned area in IJ2 is because of the crashed Biosyn Helicopter. Anne has a few mentions of "Hammond never mentioned a fire" and one old preview described a burned forest.

I have no idea how the player was intended to go from IJ2 to IJ3.

What I really want to find is the 1997 walkthrough that was posted in 2010. I cannot find any copies of this. I want to compare that walkthrough to these levels.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Wow, this is big news. I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on the pre-release brown raptor.
tatu wrote:These levels can't be read by TresEd at the moment. There is a hack so you can view them, but it will not show any textures in the level. Working TresEd versions is in the works and should be released here THIS week.
A new build of TresEd, how is this possible? I thought the TresEd source code wasn't released by Andres and he hasn't been around in years.
Also, it's been a week since the initial post, so if the new TresEd version has been released where can I get it?
tatu

Post by tatu »

masterchiefoo7 wrote:I think that the burned area in IJ2 is because of the crashed Biosyn Helicopter. Anne has a few mentions of "Hammond never mentioned a fire" and one old preview described a burned forest.
That voice over belongs to PH and the hunters camp actually.
What I really want to find is the 1997 walkthrough that was posted in 2010. I cannot find any copies of this. I want to compare that walkthrough to these levels.
Walkthrough 8-1-97.7z
(34.35 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
A new build of TresEd, how is this possible? I thought the TresEd source code wasn't released by Andres and he hasn't been around in years.
Also, it's been a week since the initial post, so if the new TresEd version has been released where can I get it?
Not TresEd tool version, but level versions that works in TresEd :P

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=10964

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Will post my stories of the Alpha levels later, I'm bloody exhausted and have a concert to see tomorrow night. 8) Let's just say that CE doesn't take too kindly to many of the instances in the Alpha levels, but otherwise I had a blast - the ground textures in particular have inspired me...using dirt as a base and then having patches of grass with transitions is awesome. Looks way more realistic than how I think every other level has done it in the past. Gonna have to try that method of terrain textures out some day. :P
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

It's nice to finally see the Mayan Face in JR. It was a neat surprise to see!
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Fantastic tatu, many thanks for making this possible!

Had plenty of strange experiences in both of the versions. For one, you can sometimes have a physics freak out so dramatic that it will launch Anne like a space rocket, high up in the sky - if you do come back down to earth you'll bounce up again as if you were on the most powerful trampoline on earth.

If you keep walking straight and bunny hop and press the space bar continuously you'll notice Anne speeds up. Occasionally this causes Anne to sometimes get vertigo, and she'll start swaying from side to side in a drunk fashion falling on her back then launch up again into the air spinning in circles...anyway, Pine Valley was an absolute pleasure to walk through, loved the forest design.

The raptors are a weird bit and so are the other dinosaurs, but I suppose the dev team was just about getting started on testing the AI at this point. Met ol green rexy. Looking at the texture, I'd say they took the textures from Jurassic Park Warpath, applied them and just used it as a placeholder.

I remember there are some screenshots of ol green rexy shown in GUIApp with much longer forelimbs. That may indicate, that there was another version with a higher resolution texture on par with what we have in the retail, only with a different rex model (with longer forelimbs) and of course, the same green skin we have in this release, only in a much higher resolution.

The IK walk animations are also slightly different I noticed. In the retail version it looks like the dinosaur has legs moving like the wheels of a car. It was nice to see evident from this version that they had something a lot more natural in mind. If you observe the para or the rex walking closely, you'll see what I mean - they do try to convey the feeling of moving weight - although the trike seems to be able to scale vertical slopes effortlessly -- ANYWAY

I had an interesting encounter with the trike vs rex, both charged at me, the rex broke the trike in such a way that it was flat on it's back contorting with spasms, and a lot of typical "censorship sound" kept playing making it sound like the trike was cursing and swearing at both me and rexy.

My favorite level by far is PV -
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Looks good.. I had to try a few different ways to get it to work.. but it does work on win 10 64 bit.. although really laggy on mine and buggy.. the smallest thing can make it stop working.. ph seems a lot bigger than anyone thought I think
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

what is the difference to the old dinos and the new ones that makes them not work?
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!