EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Not really sure, I think you need ATX2. there's something about it in the ED readme.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep, go ahead and read the readme sometime... a spare ini file was included to produce snow instead of rain, as ATX2 does by default.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: ...

Post by Nick3069 »

Slugger wrote:What was wrong with SG_Preview? I thought it was easy to install; just drop a few files off. There was a readme included (blah blah blah, Word format, blah blah blah). :)
It was easy to install, all levels are, but it was a bit harder to install because some folders went in DATA and others in MAPS/LVL, but in the zip they were in the same folder. With ED all I had to do is unzip directly to the tres directory. (My data folder is in my tres directory :P)
Draconisaurus wrote:Yep, go ahead and read the readme sometime... a spare ini file was included to produce snow instead of rain, as ATX2 does by default.
Hmm, interesting, I could use that for the contest level...
T-REXHarley
Triceratops
Triceratops

sorry

Post by T-REXHarley »

sorry took so long to reply. also yes i had atx 2.05 installed. if i remmember right i just unzipped everything into the tres file. and i have full installation so i moved the one files to the other tres or whatever. also i have full patch installed so i copyed the whatever file into the whatever. lol. my comp at my moms doesnt run tres and im not at my dads so i cant really tell u how i installed. that random tree thing is still bugging me. btw, how did u get the boat to move? just wondering cause i might try making lvls again once i get my new comp. thx
Beware the great ginger afro-man.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: sorry

Post by Draconisaurus »

T-REXHarley wrote:sorry took so long to reply. also yes i had atx 2.05 installed. if i remmember right i just unzipped everything into the tres file. and i have full installation so i moved the one files to the other tres or whatever. also i have full patch installed so i copyed the whatever file into the whatever. lol. my comp at my moms doesnt run tres and im not at my dads so i cant really tell u how i installed. that random tree thing is still bugging me. btw, how did u get the boat to move? just wondering cause i might try making lvls again once i get my new comp. thx
Um, well first off, using the full patch will complicate things. Second, as far as I've heard, all that should need to be done is copying the 5 level files into the full-patch's folder.. hopefully if you installed the full patch, you know how it works. And so anyway - listen carefully: if you have ATX 2.0.5 installed, the MAPS folder will already be in the folder where you extract/move the data and MAPS folder from the archive. If it's not, then you're not doing it right, that's just logical reasoning. Level builders can't make new folders for their levels, Big Red is the only one here who can do that sort of thing. The screenshots I posted on the previous page can assist you in understanding what directories you should be using.
if i remmember right i just unzipped everything into the tres file. and i have full installation so i moved the one files to the other tres or whatever. also i have full patch installed so i copyed the whatever file into the whatever. lol.
You're not very clear about this, but are you saying you extracted everything into 3 different places? That's not how it works, you only extract the contents once, into the CD installation, and then the 5 level files go into the full-patch's folder. Let me know if that helps - be sure your other levels are working fine, sg_prvw would be a good test since it uses additive TPA files.

As for the animation, it's done with an ASA file. The method used to make it is not simple (if you've never done it before), ask me when you have an object ready to be animated.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

So I just watched TheGuys video for the east dock level and it looks great (when I play a lot of stuff is missing including the sound)

I noticed there was a bending plant...that is COOL.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Second Illiteration wrote:So I just watched TheGuys video for the east dock level and it looks great (when I play a lot of stuff is missing including the sound)

I noticed there was a bending plant...that is COOL.
It was a modified retail Tres plant that was used in TC-Isle. I don't think many noticed it before.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe well to be more specific, it was in TC's test~zone; I discovered it because Slugger put it into an unreleased test level where an Ancient drone fi*** ** *** **** *****, ****** ****!! ;)

Hmmm SI, I really hope we can get your problem sorted out - did you have a look at the directory screenshots I posted?? They should help a bit.. You can always make this much easier by doing a demo installation, just as long as you replace the demo's TPA files with copies of the retail TPAs.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

It's not a big deal really. So how does the plant bend? (I don't seem to have the TC test zone anymore)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm, that's odd, the TresCom levels section is down... maybe Slugger mentioned that and I forgot.. or haven't gotten to it in my forum-catching-up lol.

Anyways the bending plant is quite simple - the parent instance has a magnet on it with a specific axis free, simple as that.. :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Ah, I figured it was a magnet, but I didn't look at the parent mesh, I was looking at the one that the raptor hit.

And I've been thinking...I think I have the full patch and maybe that's why some of the stuff in ED doesn't work properly.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, yeah maybe. Full Patch, FTL! Try my demo suggestion, it's bound to work perfectly..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I doubt the patch has anything to do with it. Didn't you say it required the latest version of ATX2 (2.05)? I think S.I. mentioned he had an earlier one (2.01 or 2.03, he didn't say), so it's more likely that has something to do with it...

Anyway, using the demo engine and the retail .tpa files is exactly what I did, as I didn't want to place it on my 'main' installation folder (which is still using ATX 1.xx for test purposes), so I'd recommend that option too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Yeah but I don't have the demo engine...
Out~C~ast
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Out~C~ast »

I have no idea what to drag into what folder, I read the file and saw the screenshots but I dont even have any folders in my Trespasser folder 0_0 only have http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/O ... folder.jpg

and if other things are misplaced please let me know...