JPO Demo will be dropping sometime in the next month or so.

65 million years in the making - hppav's Isla Nublar mod!

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, Sky, madppiper

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

JPO Demo will be dropping sometime in the next month or so.

Post by hppav »

It will feature level one (Which will be a lot smaller than the mega level I've been working on for so long that my brain hurts from it :P). It will start on the north shore and work around the coast to the Safari Lodge/Welcome Center location and feature the Windmill turbines from my test level as well as a shuttle bus facility, one of the Armory towers (modeled after the JP Command Compound toy), and a couple of "checkpoints" which were added by the Coast Guard during their occupation (Which is also the reason why the road is in such great condition all things considered). It will be more of an intro level but still have a survival horror feel to it.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: JPO Demo will be dropping sometime in the next month or so.

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm. So, this demo is of the first bit of the game.. You plan to release versions of it (a la TC Rescue) until a final version is ready, and make that be Level 1?

About the buildings etc. Just remember that none of this has been seen before - go wild in the modeling! Without being restricted by accuracy, you'll be able to crank out quite a bit. Still, if you don't go about it the right way, it can take forever. I suggest figuring out some standard figures, like "How tall is 1 story," "What is the rise/run of stair steps," "What are the dimensions of a standard door," "How thick are interior/exterior walls," etc. Try to make these "easy" numbers, as you'll sometimes need to do little calculations with them and this will let you stick with more exact figures, so things don't get mismatched later. ;)

Oh and Sam, you say a menu will be released for this.. How about using a version of that for the rerelease of EastDock (which I'll do the level work for)? Among things with ED that must be fixed is that the ASB file needs to be included :lol: I realized recently that the point at which the SS Anne B leaves the dock will change for everyone because I only included the ASA file. I was completely unaware of this aspect when releasing it and RJ2008...

EDIT: Oh yes, for your demo, might as well use "clean" textures, then dirty them up just in time for the final release. 8)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: JPO Demo will be dropping sometime in the next month or so.

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmmm. So, this demo is of the first bit of the game.. You plan to release versions of it (a la TC Rescue) until a final version is ready, and make that be Level 1?
Somewhat.
Draconisaurus wrote:About the buildings etc. Just remember that none of this has been seen before - go wild in the modeling! Without being restricted by accuracy, you'll be able to crank out quite a bit. Still, if you don't go about it the right way, it can take forever. I suggest figuring out some standard figures, like "How tall is 1 story," "What is the rise/run of stair steps," "What are the dimensions of a standard door," "How thick are interior/exterior walls," etc. Try to make these "easy" numbers, as you'll sometimes need to do little calculations with them and this will let you stick with more exact figures, so things don't get mismatched later. ;)
This entire level area wasn't initially planned for, but with my idea that the levels were still too massive to enable the proper amount of detail I was looking for I decided to move out the start area to show an area I was originally going to cut from view.
Draconisaurus wrote:Oh and Sam, you say a menu will be released for this.. How about using a version of that for the rerelease of EastDock (which I'll do the level work for)? Among things with ED that must be fixed is that the ASB file needs to be included :lol: I realized recently that the point at which the SS Anne B leaves the dock will change for everyone because I only included the ASA file. I was completely unaware of this aspect when releasing it and RJ2008...
Sure, though I still have to crank out more buttons and finish all the button positions.

Draconisaurus wrote:EDIT: Oh yes, for your demo, might as well use "clean" textures, then dirty them up just in time for the final release. 8)
Of course I'll use the clean textures for this :P Because dirtying everything up would take a bit of effort and modeling (custom overgrowth, vines, etc).
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos